Flies For Silvers ; Need Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flies For Silvers ; Need Advice

I Recently Moved To Nome From North Carolina And Admittingly Know Squat About Salmon Fishing. I Would Like To Know What Flies You Would Reccomend For Silvers. I Will Be Heading Down To Anchorage In A Few Weeks And Could Pick Some Flies Up Then. Any Suggestions On Where To Purchase Flies In Anchorage Would Be Very Useful. To Date, I Have Only Been To Mcaffeys Fly Shop And Sportsmans Warehouse. Thanks In Advance For Any Insights You May Offer.
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Silver flies

Check with Mountain View Sports They have a wide selection of flies and are very helpful on all types of fly fishing for salmon.

Comment

fly shop

Yes, I like Mountain View too. Once you know what type flies you want you can order from Fly Shop, Redding California or Cabela's.

Comment

Silver Flys

Kaufmann Streamborn cataloge has some great Salmon (Silver) and Steelhead flys. You can order a cataloge on the internet. They ship out of their Portland store. Good stuff. My favorites are, Hot Shot Comets, Egg Sucking leech, Wiggle tails and bunny leeches. All in Pink, Chartruse, Purple and Orange. The people at Sportsmans will get you started. Hope you have a great Silver season.

Comment

thanks MT

for the steer, I will look forward to another source of flies. Kid

Comment

The fly patterns suggested above are all good. Just make sure you have a variety of different colors. I 'd go to Sportsman's Warehouse because their flies are relatively inexpensive; probably lower quality as well. But I found them to be adequate for Silvers.

Comment

char fishing

For the next month the char and grayling fishing in your area will be excellent- pick up some small smolt patterns while you're in town.
              LBenz

Comment

LBenz,

Will do man, thanks for chiming in.

-Dan
                The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Comment

Originally posted by danattherock View Post
                  LBenz,

Will do man, thanks for chiming in.

-Dan
                  You're about 5.5 YEARS late Dan.

Mr. Benz hasn't even been online since June...

Comment

Yeah, he ain't the sharpest balloon in the world.
                    sigpic
                    www.arcticangler.ca
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy_7mPiqoqw&t=11s

Comment

All BS aside, recommend some silver flies.

Middle Kenai, Sept 10th, 20' Willie Predator, 7-8 wt rods.

What would you throw?

Comment

Originally posted by DRIFTER_016 View Post
                        This one looks killer too.
                        If you're ordering some grap me a couple will ya?

http://www.alaskaflyfishinggoods.com...uct-flyer.html

Done. I will bring you a few in some different colors. Least I can do for all you do for me. I got the pink/white, olive/white, etc.. at the house now and will be buying some tutti frutti as well. I will pick up a couple extra pink/white and olive/white dolly llamas for you.

Want some tutti frutti?

I was just at the site putting some ideas together and found this article about silvers.

Very cool write up from Mark....

Thank you:topjob:

http://www.alaskaflyfishinggoods.com...ers-guide.html

Comment

Uh...............................OK!!!
                          sigpic
                          www.arcticangler.ca
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy_7mPiqoqw&t=11s

Comment

You are welcome - Hope you can use something from it.

Here's another coho fly for you...the HayMaker.
                            sigpic

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X