X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AKducks
    replied
    Originally posted by sculpinistic View Post
    I've been lurking on this thread a bit because I had planned on going to Yakutat myself in late April. Are you still planning to go? I know the travel mandates at this time only "strongly urge" in-state residents to quarantine if they come from an area within Alaska with coronavirus. Waiting to see if the language becomes stronger on that. Anyways, starting to look like fishing opportunities are going to be limited to where you can drive to.
    We're going to reevaluate on April 3rd but right now probably not .Might push it back to May but then there are some scheduling conflicts, probbaly will have to hit it in 2021.

Leave a comment:

• sculpinistic
    replied
    I've been lurking on this thread a bit because I had planned on going to Yakutat myself in late April. Are you still planning to go? I know the travel mandates at this time only "strongly urge" in-state residents to quarantine if they come from an area within Alaska with coronavirus. Waiting to see if the language becomes stronger on that. Anyways, starting to look like fishing opportunities are going to be limited to where you can drive to.

Leave a comment:

• stevesch
    replied
    Beads, yarn, beads with yarn, multicolored globugs, e.g. Jerry Garcia, Dennis Rodman, etc. Situk fly rig is with oversized bead/egg patterns (12 mm), weight (#4), 12-15# fluoro tippet, and a spool of colored mono (such as 30# OPST LazerLine, I've also seen Amnesia which I don't personally like). Actual fly line not so much. No indicators either...except if centerpin setup with those balsa floats, which also works. There are more steelhead on that stream than anywhere else in the world.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• kwackkillncrew
    replied
    we were there a few years ago and the thing we caught the most on were beads. Caught a couple on lamas and nothing on glow bugs. the bead we used dubbed the name OWS (Orange with sperm)

Leave a comment:

• AKducks
    started a topic Situk Trip

Situk Trip

Heading to the Situk this spring (April 17-20)! its been 6 years since I've been there and I'm noticing a large lack in my steelhead fly selection! so outside the normal recommendations (Dolly Lamas, ESLs,beads, Eggs) What flies would you recommend? my buddy was suggesting some liquid Wrench jigs so I might try and tie some of those up.

Footer Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X