Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fly Fishing During September Float Hunt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fly Fishing During September Float Hunt?

Three of us are doing a float hunt for caribou September 19-30 northeast of Kotzebue on Noatak tributaries. I know it's late in the year for big dollies, etc., but have any of you taken a fly rod with you on a float hunt that time of year?

I have never been to that part of the state (I want to) but:
    I would never go on a hunt next to a river and not bring my fly rod, there is normally something to fish for! plus you would hate to see a big school of dollies and not have a rod.

Comment

Originally posted by AKducks View Post
      I have never been to that part of the state (I want to) but:
      I would never go on a hunt next to a river and not bring my fly rod, there is normally something to fish for! plus you would hate to see a big school of dollies and not have a rod.
      Oh, I agree with that! Just wondering if anyone has caught decent fish that late in that part of the state.

Comment

Even if you don't hit any big dollies, except to catch some big grayling.

Comment

Definitely take it.
          Note to self: Don't argue with idiots, it just beings you down to their level where they overwhelm you with their more extensive experience in being an idiot.... and, you can't fix stupid!

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
          Working...
          X