Kodiak Silvers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kodiak Silvers

I'll be up on Kodiak Island in mid September to fish for silvers, any suggestions on where to fish and what they hit? I was on the Russian last Sept. and they loved the egg sucking leeches. Also, I was told to bring up a float tube, do they use float tubes while fishing for silvers?

Thanks for your help.

I've found ESL's and green clousers work well for me. pretty much any stream on Kodiak that empties into the ocean can hold a run of silvers. Some of the more popular i.e crowded streams are the Buskin and the American rivers. I like fishing the tidal flats around Sargent creek.
    About the only place that I have seen people fish for silvers from a float tube is a fairly large pond right after the road splits on the way to chiniak. I can't remember it's name. I've heard it can be productive but I have no first hand experience.
    At sea, it's force not reason that confers sovereign rights

Comment

Float tube + pasagshak laggoon = nantucket sleigh rides
      I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Comment

Using a float tube at Monashka Bay when the silvers are jumping beyond reach seems productive for others. I'm gonna put in with my kayak and try it since I don't have a float tube.

Agree with others....pretty much any stream. Early morning is best for calm fish and less competition from fisherman.

Good luck

Comment

They also use float tubes on Kalsin Pond.
          I like the ESL but also keep a supply of bunny leaches in various colors.
          Dave

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
          Working...
          X