Sage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sage?

So I found this top piece to a fly rod at the klutina this spring. I posted a picture in the lost and found area as well as a thread about the klutina river. Does anyone want this, free? I have no use for it but hear it's valuable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok I lied, it's the top two pieces both are about 24" long. I didn't notice that it came apart till I went to take a picture .

Comment

The only way that rod piece could be used is to specifically try it in a persons rod. Even if you knew it was a five weight it won't fit just any five weight sage rod. Can't tell you what the odds would be but I know when I needed a new upper for my five weight the manufacturer had to hand test a whole barrel full of blanks till just the right one was fitted.
      On another note, those upper tips make great ice fishing poles if u fashion a way to attach the reel.
      Your sarcasm is way, waaaayyyyyyyy more sarcastic than mine! :whistle:
      WWG1WGA! QANON

Comment

Dang they sound like pretty fine tuned rods.

I have too many ice fishing poles, unless my wife asks then I need just one more. But I'm sure I could rig something up to make the top work.

Comment

If you find any pieces of a Scott rod on the copper river highway...

Been keeping an eye out for years now.

Comment

​Turn it into an ice fishing rod.
            sigpic
            www.arcticangler.ca
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy_7mPiqoqw&t=11s

Comment

Or... seeing as it's two pieces it might also make a nice little ultra light spinning rod.
              I am no longer surprised at what I am no longer surprised at ---Bill Whittle

Comment

Might be a vxp

It looks very similar to my sage vxp. As to the weight and length it's hard to make out with out the Handle section. Also a four piece like mine but I doubt it would fit. I make ice rods out of old broken rods. That rod looks too nice for that lol wouldn't hurt to see if it fits my rod he he he. But I live in Goodnews Bay where I don't have to combat fish. I work as a river ranger and kayak on my days off. So i practically live on the river almost all season
                Last edited by Jan Silvers; 02-14-2015, 12:39. Reason: Typo In last letter

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                Working...
                X