Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice fish! Now, I am going to have to start packing for the weekend again.

Originally posted by StreambornFishing View Post
    Almost October, can hardly wait! I <3 October fishing.

Comment

• Originally posted by StreambornFishing View Post
      Almost October, can hardly wait! I <3 October fishing.
      That's a great fish!! what was the length and girth on that one? Man I love fall time!

Comment

• Oh man you aren't kidding Matt! Consider me jealous! Very nice fish Stream! I'll take a guess.............. I'll say 34 in by 23ish????

Comment

• 34.5x22.5, I will post some prior year fish pics too from Oct!

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	070.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	2481547 For Drifter

Comment

• Originally posted by danattherock View Post
              Anyone do any fishing on the upper in early October? I have never been up there that late and was curious how much the bite slows down. Giving thought to coming up for 5-6 days if things at work pan out.

-Dan
              u gonna make it up? gonna be down there next friday and it'd be great to meet you. are there still gonna be some people at the campgound? i'll stop by after the day and introduce my self if there are still people there.
              hook, line, sinker, done.

Comment

• Are you old enough to have a drink yet fishak?

I have seen first hand what the rainbow trout trail can do to youngsters, and it ain't pretty!
                "When the time comes for a man to look his Maker in the eye, where better could the meeting be held than in the wilderness?"

Comment

• Dan,
                  The bite doesn't slow down in Oct it is more or less the same as Sept only bigger fish usually.

Comment

• Originally posted by tailwind View Post
                    Are you old enough to have a drink yet fishak?

I have seen first hand what the rainbow trout trail can do to youngsters, and it ain't pretty!
                    .............No comment

Comment

• Originally posted by power drifter View Post
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]53559[/ATTACH] For Drifter
                      Was that taken on the boat with us?
                      sigpic
                      Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
                      Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
                      Ropes, Buoys, Bait
                      alaskashrimppots.com
                      akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
                      907 775 1692

Comment

• Steve, yes it was. I thought it was a pretty good shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by tailwind View Post
                          Are you old enough to have a drink yet fishak?

21 years young haha. so is anyone gonna be there next friday? gonna be down early in the am tomorrow walking in somewhere on the upper with a buddy of mine. havn't really done it before any tips/hints on places to go? was thinking below jims or just walking in from the russian river campground. we'll be hard to miss look for a asian looking heavier male and a tall 6 foot 7 white guy. if you see us say hi
                          hook, line, sinker, done.

Comment

• Originally posted by fishak View Post
                            u gonna make it up? gonna be down there next friday and it'd be great to meet you. are there still gonna be some people at the campgound? i'll stop by after the day and introduce my self if there are still people there.

Sadly, no. News from work about time off being approved came later than expected and airline ticket prices are double usual. Taking the wife to the Smoky Mountains of NC for our anniversary instead. Fly fishing out of a cat 3 days for browns/bows. Wish I was heading back to the Kenai of course. Dave (Drifter016) is around till October 5th or 6th and is a great guy to fish with. Unless he has moved, he is at site 46 or 47 at the rainbow loop at the RRCG. Fork left in the campground and he is a site or two down on the left. Canadian guy with dog and pop up camper. Kind of hard to miss.

-Dan
                            The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Comment

• Originally posted by danattherock View Post
                              Sadly, no. News from work about time off being approved came later than expected and airline ticket prices are double usual. Taking the wife to the Smoky Mountains of NC for our anniversary instead. Fly fishing out of a cat 3 days for browns/bows. Wish I was heading back to the Kenai of course. Dave (Drifter016) is around till October 5th or 6th and is a great guy to fish with. Unless he has moved, he is at site 46 or 47 at the rainbow loop at the RRCG. Fork left in the campground and he is a site or two down on the left. Canadian guy with dog and pop up camper. Kind of hard to miss.

-Dan
                              Dan, sorry to hear you won't make it back up, but have fun in the Smokies and tell Carrie hello!
                              ~ Kristie~
                              The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. ~John Buchan

Comment

• Will do. Thank Dale again for me. Taking his amazing print to the frame shop Monday. Makes us sick not coming back up, but the tickets were like $2500 and there was 6-8 hour lay overs. Never seen such bad travel options. Snooze you looze. We will be staying longer in your area next year. Trying to plan a float trip in SW and two weeks at Palooza afterwards. Would like to have spent more time with Chuck, Jamie, John, Dave, Jose, Chris, yourself, and others than this past trip afforded.

-Dan
                                The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X