This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by danattherock View Post
    Anyone do any fishing on the upper in early October? I have never been up there that late and was curious how much the bite slows down. Giving thought to coming up for 5-6 days if things at work pan out.

-Dan
    You Bass turd! Better show some pics!

Comment

• Originally posted by danattherock View Post
      Anyone do any fishing on the upper in early October? I have never been up there that late and was curious how much the bite slows down. Giving thought to coming up for 5-6 days if things at work pan out.

-Dan
      It slows down a bit but by that time all the Nancys have gone home so there is a lot of water you'll have to yourself. In my experience you need to have a good arsenal of flesh flys handy because the bead bite is not as hot. The first week in Oct. last year I did really well on a flesh pattern I tied. And boy do those rainbows hit them hard...

Comment

• Well after being sick as a dog for the last week, actually since getting home from the river, here's my report from my 1st FP. It was absolutely a blast to meet all the folks at the fire every night, great bunch of guys and gals(but you all already knew that!) Had a great time fishing with the 2 Drifters, Power and _016, and dave thanks for corrupting me into semi pinheadom its a fun way to fish, andy a pleasure to have you in the boat also both you guys are weclome in the front seats anytime. Chuck thanks for the parking spot and for letting me hang out around the fire, John great chatting with ya, Dan & Mrs Dan, Max and Daughter and everybody else who's names i easily forget (advanced case of CRS) it was great meeting all you folks and a fish filled fall to all of you. Maybe next year i'll spend more time there and can get some different folks to take up some seats on the boat.
        sigpic
        Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
        Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
        Ropes, Buoys, Bait
        alaskashrimppots.com
        akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
        907 775 1692

Comment

• Was nice to meet you today Drifter. I finally took the training wheels off that centerpin reel in the alley. Oh boy am I in love with it now.

Comment

• Steve,

The pleasure was ours man. Look forward to talking with you again in the near future.

-Dan
            The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Comment

• It was great seeing/fishing with some Old friends and meeting some new ones also. Cool floating the Kenai at flood level stages, made it a little different than the Norm. Great to pass some honey around the campfire and b.s. about stuff. Saw the lessons of an Old Buck teaching a young Buck, the young one did not last very long But he was all good again to fish, thats what counts. Only thing I would say is cut out the Bull**** high school backstabbing that I saw toooo much between some of the members. Little too much Drama Great 2 weeks of fishing or trying to fish at least.

Comment

• Good times nice to meet some folks, just got back to Whitehorse late last night. I will try to throw some sort of report together covering my three weeks over there in the near future.

Edit to add: High Pockets sorry I did not call on my way back thorough Ancorage when I wrote down your cell number I forgot the area code so it did not work so good........

Comment

• Originally posted by AKpegleg View Post
                  . Saw the lessons of an Old Buck teaching a young Buck, the young one did not last very long But he was all good again to fish, thats what counts. Only thing I would say is cut out the Bull**** high school backstabbing that I saw toooo much between some of the members. Little too much Drama Great 2 weeks of fishing or trying to fish at least.

Who you calling an Old Buck?

Great fishing with you almost every day of the trip. Can't wait to do it again!
                  ><((((>.`..`.. ><((((>`..`.><((((>

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they
                  just like to pee a lot." --Capitol Brewery

Comment

• I don't care what I've been saying about you behind your back. You are ok in my book. Hope I make it to Bachelor to visit.

Originally posted by AKpegleg View Post
                    It was great seeing/fishing with some Old friends and meeting some new ones also. Cool floating the Kenai at flood level stages, made it a little different than the Norm. Great to pass some honey around the campfire and b.s. about stuff. Saw the lessons of an Old Buck teaching a young Buck, the young one did not last very long But he was all good again to fish, thats what counts. Only thing I would say is cut out the Bull**** high school backstabbing that I saw toooo much between some of the members. Little too much Drama Great 2 weeks of fishing or trying to fish at least.

Comment

• Q! Check your PM's! and I don't mean PMS LOL!

Comment

• You guys actually fish?
                        I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
                        Bill Hicks

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtofak View Post
                          You guys actually fish?
                          I can't speak for everyone. I do. Nice to meet you. Thanks for the shuttle. I didn't expect you and Kyle to be gone when we returned. Next time...

Do you remember that one time...at Banned Camp.

Comment

• Phish.Yes, I am calling you old. Not as old as me but yes you are old I thought Q was older but find out he's only 28, haha.
                            Thank you Chuck for letting us take your boat out for that evening float and for letting me fish with You and John that first day.
                            Thank you Jose for letting Phish and I use your boat so many days down there. She didn't get too scratched up through bear braid Very cool of you. Good times.

Comment

• Almost October, can hardly wait! I <3 October fishing.

Comment

• ^ Nice hog!

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X