Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fishapaloooza 2011

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Fishapaloooza 2011

    Just sent the Mods a message asking them to give us a sticky againroud: Remember. Be nice with your languageThis is our way to chit chat, brag, lie and have fun through mid october


    Chuck
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

  • #2
    I'll admit it...I'll lurk more than post, but I love reading the 'palooza thread.
    See ya'll there!
    ~ Kristie~
    The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. ~John Buchan

    Comment


    • #3
      'Palooza III has been cancelled due to lack of interest!!!

      JK of course as it's going to be on like Donkey Kong, y'all!!!

      As a side note, I have got the art for 'Palooza IV done and will be unveiling it at this years 'Palooza shindig!!!
      If I must say so myself, it's freaking sick!!!!
      Next years 'Palooza wear is going to be awesome!!!!
      sigpic
      www.arcticangler.ca
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy_7mPiqoqw&t=11s

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by alaskachuck View Post

        Remember. Be nice with your language

        Chuck

        **** yourself
        The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by AKFishinGirl View Post
          I'll admit it...I'll lurk more than post, but I love reading the 'palooza thread.
          See ya'll there!
          haha same boat, always good entertainment
          hook, line, sinker, done.

          Comment


          • #6
            Our dates are set and airline tickets are confirmed:topjob:


            Sept 5-12.



            Will be fishing Sept 6,7,8,9,10, & 11.

            Will be eating Wildman corndogs on Sept 5,7, 9, and 12.

            Will have breakfast at Sunrise Cafe on Sept 6, 8, and 10.

            Will take the $5 bath at Wildman's rub-n-tug on Sept 7 and 10.

            Will be drinking during and after all fishing days.


            We will be in a 21 foot box on wheels.

            Not sure what boat we are bringing, green Ally pack canoe or 14' Sotar raft (blue).


            Do drop in



            -Dan
            The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by danattherock View Post
              Our dates are set and airline tickets are confirmed:topjob:

              Sept 5-12.
              Hey mister can't you stay later than the 12th? I wasn't planning on being there till the 15th! You'll cost me 1000's if you make me quit coho season early. I'll do what I gotta do but it would be easier to just get your credit card out and change your tickets you fugged up!
              sigpic




              I'm taking a poll
              <--------click this star if you think I should run for Gov

              Comment


              • #8
                I am going early to miss the rift raft
                The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Sounds like too much fun. Wonder how much trouble I would be in if I was up there from August 17-28 and then flew back up the next week? Next year might be a "gotta do it"...if a real lower 48'er newbie is allowed.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by SC2079BS View Post
                    Next year might be a "gotta do it"...if a real lower 48'er newbie is allowed.

                    You would be surprised how much Alaskans and Carolinian's got in common.

                    We will talk about it after your upcoming trip.

                    You are going to meet some familiarly friendly folks, sans southern accent



                    -Dan
                    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by danattherock View Post
                      I am going early to miss the rift raft
                      :think: Oh I gotcha, Dave is coming later

                      Originally posted by danattherock View Post
                      You would be surprised how much Alaskans and Carolinian's got in common.
                      just cause of the coincidence that Chucks and your sleeping bag zippers are a perfect match, what else do carolinians and alaskans have in common?
                      sigpic




                      I'm taking a poll
                      <--------click this star if you think I should run for Gov

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Most the "real" Alaskans I have met are proud of where they call home.

                        They would give the shirt off their backs to help out a friend in need.

                        They are justifiably skeptical of state/fed government making decisions that impact their land, homes, and lively hood.

                        They are well traveled, yet well grounded.

                        They are fed up with crap from tourists, but understand that to some extent, it is the hand that feeds so they put up with it.

                        Generally speaking, Alaskans are hospitable and tolerant to all the clueless folks with camera straps around their necks driving the RV 44 mph while rubbernecking for bears.

                        Alaskans have a love for the outdoors, but are smart enough to preserve it for future generations to enjoy.

                        Most Alaskans work hard for a living and sleep good at night knowing this.

                        Alaskans face adversity and rather than begging for hand outs, would prefer to deal with it themselves given the opportunity.


                        Independent, courteous, good work ethic, sense of family and community, patriotic without being dependent on the government for survival.


                        Sounds like North Carolina to me.

                        Does it sound like Alaska to you?



                        -Dan
                        The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by danattherock View Post
                          Most the "real" Alaskans I have met are proud of where they call home.

                          They would give the shirt off their backs to help out a friend in need.

                          They are justifiably skeptical of state/fed government making decisions that impact their land, homes, and lively hood.

                          They are well traveled, yet well grounded.

                          They are fed up with crap from tourists, but understand that to some extent, it is the hand that feeds so they put up with it.

                          Generally speaking, Alaskans are hospitable and tolerant to all the clueless folks with camera straps around their necks driving the RV 44 mph while rubbernecking for bears.

                          Alaskans have a love for the outdoors, but are smart enough to preserve it for future generations to enjoy.

                          Most Alaskans work hard for a living and sleep good at night knowing this.

                          Alaskans face adversity and rather than begging for hand outs, would prefer to deal with it themselves given the opportunity.


                          Independent, courteous, good work ethic, sense of family and community, patriotic without being dependent on the government for survival.


                          Sounds like North Carolina to me.

                          Does it sound like Alaska to you?



                          -Dan
                          You nailed it bro! I was just giving you "shet" ( shet- plagiarized carolinian lingo) in my previous post. I wish we had more carolinians here btw
                          sigpic




                          I'm taking a poll
                          <--------click this star if you think I should run for Gov

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            And I wish there were more Alaskans in North Carolina.


                            Got a 36" steelhead on the wall in my study.


                            Growing tired of folks asking what kind of salmon it is


                            They reload precision rifle rounds capable of 0.5 MOA, understand why NASCAR uses nitrogen in the tires, and can make liquor in the backyard.


                            But can't differentiate a steelhead from a salmon??


                            ******* rednecks...


                            -Dan
                            The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by danattherock View Post
                              But can't differentiate a steelhead from a salmon??


                              ******* rednecks...


                              -Dan
                              friggn Rednecks! Actually they're right steelhead are salmon. there are 7 species of pacific salmon
                              http://www.thinksalmon.com/learn/ite...almon_species/

                              (actually 8 cause their is a weird chummy looking thing that lives in Russia)

                              Theres even a spot for steelhead on our fish tickets so technically we can sell them
                              sigpic




                              I'm taking a poll
                              <--------click this star if you think I should run for Gov

                              Comment

                              Footer Adsense

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X