Kenai River Fisshing Success?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kenai River Fisshing Success?

With the opening of red salmon, rainbow trout, and dolly darden char fishing this weekend, the Kenai River sure had an increase in rafting and boating traffic.
    But did anybody catch any, or many fish of any species?????????
    I did poorly. I'll admit that I am a poor salmon fisherman, but I normally do better on trout and char. Any success stories?

Dennis
    Imagine (It's easy if you try)
    …miles and miles of mountains…wide expanses of tundra...remote wild waters…
    (Whisper words of wisdom) Let It Be

I know Alaskachuck limited out. I've seen his facebook pictures of the carnage.
    sigpic
    www.arcticangler.ca
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy_7mPiqoqw&t=11s

Comment

Originally posted by DRIFTER_016 View Post
      I know Alaskachuck limited out. I've seen his facebook pictures of the carnage.
      There are 3 less due to my actions.....Im telling you...it was the hair
      Attached Files
      Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Comment

Plus I landed one nice 20 inch buck and my buddy got a nice 21 inch hen. Pretty spotted bows

Comment

limited out on salmon and managed 3 bows one of which had a tag.
          -Tight Lines & head shakin
          sigpic

Comment

Did you get the tag number.....Call it in...I have the phone number.....They will tell you where and when they tagged it how long ago, and all that...I love finding that info out

Comment

I tried but there was too much algae on it and didnt want to accidently pull the tag. here is a red i caught on the ole 5wt
              Click image for larger version

Name:	russianred.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	2480017
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 900fusion View Post
                I tried but there was too much algae on it and didnt want to accidently pull the tag. here is a red i took on the ole 5wt
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]49902[/ATTACH]

Ahhhh good call then....If you get another tagged one let me know...Ill shoot you the number...I got one on the opener last year at last chance island......16 inch hen.....she was tagged there the year before. 14 inches then.......caught her off the upper point...Fish Bio told me I probably caught here with in 20 feet of where they did...Fun stuff

Comment

Originally posted by alaskachuck View Post
                  Ahhhh good call then....If you get another tagged one let me know...Ill shoot you the number...I got one on the opener last year at last chance island......16 inch hen.....she was tagged there the year before. 14 inches then.......caught her off the upper point...Fish Bio told me I probably caught here with in 20 feet of where they did...Fun stuff
                  Right on. if i do ill be sure to let you know. you going down again this weekend? Bigcox, Aknook and I are gonna do a float and possibly camp.
                  sigpic

Comment

you're too much of a purist... somebody needs to teach you to snag and you'll do fine on the salmon
                    Passing up shots on mergansers since 1992.

Comment

Originally posted by 900fusion View Post
                      Right on. if i do ill be sure to let you know. you going down again this weekend? Bigcox, Aknook and I are gonna do a float and possibly camp.
                      Im at quartz creek site 39 and will be floating saturday

Comment

Originally posted by alaskachuck View Post
                        Im at quartz creek site 39 and will be floating saturday
                        I'll be camped either at Hippie Point or the next beach down from it on the left.

Didn't see ya float by yesterday....
                        “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
                        "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Comment

Only floated saturday....Ill stop by hippie point or the other one

Comment

I floated the opener and had some success with rainbows. My buddy and I both caught a couple 15-20 inchers with beautiful color and saw some larger rainbows in a couple of log jams and rocky holes but weren't able to hook them up. I also floated by Alaskachuck several times and couldn't miss the hair.

Hiked the Russian after the float and limited out on reds in about an hour. Peaceful float...great weather...fishing...and a full cooler. It was definitely a good day!

Comment

4 of us floated Kenai on Saturday 30 rainbows landed and released. All nice size fish, no monsters, but a consistent 18 to 20 inches. Did a spot and stalk on fish on Sunday at the Russian River for about 4 hours. Lost one and landed one Red. Spend about an hour of the 4 hours taking pictures of a bear moving down the river bank. Great weekend of fishing.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X