Wilow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wilow

I have never fished the area but hear there is some good trout fishing. I am in Eagle River and dont want to make the drive to Kenai this weekend... Anyone have any input on the subject?

Dude, there are no trout in willow.

I'd say go for it man. It's not exactly a secret, you won't be alone. TONS of people fish Willow/Little willow day in and day out.

But I'm not sure why you would drive to the flippin' Kenai anyway.. it's still closed isn't it?

Comment

Awesome, will be heading there tomorrow morning. Any specific flies/techniques that work best?

Comment

Nice looking photos, wish I could go.
        sigpic
        Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
        www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

Comment

I drove all the way to sheep creek and every creek that I drove by was very high and muddy. I would say that it would be some tough fishing.

Comment

My Friend and I Fished the Willow a couple days ago. walked up a ways from the mouth. The water was definitely really high. I struggled with the fly fishing but only tried using an olive wooly bugger and then tried dries for a little while. My friend was doing real well with vibrax spinners. size 3 spinners. He Could cover a lot of water and pulled out 8 or so in the afternoon.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
            Working...
            X