solution found

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• solution found

after countless times backtracking upstream to pick up the spinning rod... i come up with this..Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01119.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	2509727 just some 1 1/2 abs and a shoe string... looks silly, works great

Looks pretty slick! Went out fly fishing yesterday and had my king rod (Broken down) in my back pack sticking out a bit as we hiked along the river bank. I kept checking back to see if both parts of my rod was still there fairly frequently but lost the end section of my rod. It was pulled out by a branch and dropped into the murky river. I could't find it either. Cool looking set up.... just keep checking your rod more often than I did when you go through brush and trees. Fish on!
    http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

Comment

Originally posted by AKnook View Post
      Looks pretty slick! Went out fly fishing yesterday and had my king rod (Broken down) in my back pack sticking out a bit as we hiked along the river bank. I kept checking back to see if both parts of my rod was still there fairly frequently but lost the end section of my rod. It was pulled out by a branch and dropped into the murky river. I could't find it either. Cool looking set up.... just keep checking your rod more often than I did when you go through brush and trees. Fish on!
      i always keep that rod ready to go, just broke down... if i lose one piece i lose the whole thing... this was second try... first one was way shorter then thought about it being able to fall out... so second time around made it much longer

Comment

would there be any benefit to putting some of the cheap-o foam pipe insulation inside the ABS?
        If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction.
        Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

rod carring

what ever you do to stop loosing some or all, will help, in the long run it beats looking for a needle in a haystack, you can use valcore closures to hold it in, or real light bungee cord [REI SELLS IT] about 1/8" to 7/32" should do the job

Comment

Originally posted by Sid View Post
            what ever you do to stop loosing some or all, will help, in the long run it beats looking for a needle in a haystack, you can use valcore closures to hold it in, or real light bungee cord [REI SELLS IT] about 1/8" to 7/32" should do the job
            the bungee cord idea crossed my mind... didnt have any on hand... this was a spur of the moment plan as i was leaving the shop after work

Comment

Simple and effective - nice. The only problem I have with it is the spinning rod. : )
              Fly Fishing, Fly Tying, and Flyfishing Gear
              Fly Tying
              Fly Fishing Rod,Reel and Equipment Reviews

Comment

well they all cant be perfect us, at least they are getting out an not setting next to the TV. or PC

Comment

Originally posted by DSFlyman View Post
                  Simple and effective - nice. The only problem I have with it is the spinning rod. : )
                  im trying really hard to get into fly fishin... thats why the holder for the spinning rod

Comment

Pretty cool idea!
                    I am no longer surprised at what I am no longer surprised at ---Bill Whittle

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X