Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Milepost reading...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Milepost reading...

    I got my copy of the 2011 Milepost and spent about 4 hours reading and rereading the sections I will be traveling. Lots of good information. Lots of "watch for moose" and "beware of bear" plus all the red notes about highway safety and enforcement zones. Waiting for the Highway Fisherman to get here so I can start planning fishing stops.

    Bugs, especialll mosquitos and no-see-ums. Have read aeverything from horrible to gone about them during mid to late August. What can I expect? My daughter is a bug magnet so I need to be prepared. Does the ordinary Off work or will I need to resort to the stuff I use down in the Everglades? I like bugs but she does not, especially if they are gnawing on her.

    Added 3 more days to the rv rental, booked my airline tickets, and looking forward to 10 days to see and do as much as we can.

    Hope I can learn enough from my reading and looking at posts on here to catch a few fish. Don't worry, if I find one of your "spots", I promise not to tell my friends. We have a huge problem with "private spots" down here, so I just wanted to ease everyones mind about keeping it secret .

  • #2
    If you can put up with the dog peter gnats in South Carolina, you can handle mosquitoes in Alaska. Greer, eh? My 7th grade social studies teacher was from Greer.
    Passing up shots on mergansers since 1992.

    Comment


    • #3
      small world...

      Comment


      • #4
        Add me to the list of those that don't like being on the bottom of the foodchain...me and mosquitoes are at war...I have long since declared Jihad on the mess of them.

        Where are your travels taking you?..the Route...Then I can tell you what I might know about some possibilities and maybe even about catching a fish.
        "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
        ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

        Comment

        Footer Adsense

        Collapse
        Working...
        X