Halibut rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halibut rules

Ok, I'll be fishing on charter boats next year and was wondering how many Halibut a person can keep per year when on a charter boat. I thought I seen 4/year /person. But is it the same when fishing on charter boats? I have 2 autistic sons that want to come up---- but 1 doesn't want to be with the other. Life with autism. Anyway, was looking at 2 trips each but that would put me over if I caught 2 each time out.

Any thoughts?

Thanks;

Doug Hobart

Originally posted by pyrohobie1 View Post
    Ok, I'll be fishing on charter boats next year and was wondering how many Halibut a person can keep per year when on a charter boat. I thought I seen 4/year /person. But is it the same when fishing on charter boats? I have 2 autistic sons that want to come up---- but 1 doesn't want to be with the other. Life with autism. Anyway, was looking at 2 trips each but that would put me over if I caught 2 each time out.<br/><br/>Any thoughts?<br/><br/>Thanks;<br/><br/>Doug Hobart
    <br/><br/>Always best to communicate with the charter service provider. They can tell what it is “this year”. The limits are subject to change annually after the IPHC meetings, and the various different management areas have different regulations.

Comment

Thanks for repliing

Comment

Originally posted by pyrohobie1 View Post
        Ok, I'll be fishing on charter boats next year and was wondering how many Halibut a person can keep per year when on a charter boat.
        May depend on what area you fish. This year (2020) there isn't an annual limit in 3A. As previously noted, that could change next year. Regs are here: https://www.fisheries.noaa.gov/alask...fishing-alaska
        ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
        I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
        The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
        Working...
        X