Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Gulkana Report June 25th 2020

Good afternoon guys:

The Gulkana River is a mess right now and I have pulled all of my raft trips from the river because of the extreme high water...The USGS has the stream flow at 7,300 CFS today and that is down from almost 8,000 CFS yesterday! Normal for for this time of year is just under 2,000 CFS so we are 3.5x the normal flow!! Muddy water is the least of the problems with this high water..The amount of junk flowing down the river is crazy! Trees, snags, sweepers, strainers and bears oh my! ( Follow the Yellow Brick Road!).

From my experience I feel safe rafting is below 5,000 cfs so keep an eye on the USGS web site ,link provided..I will keep an eye as well and to my clients who have trips booked I will call if the water level does not come dow. Better safe than sorry boys!!

USGS Link: https://waterdata.usgs.gov/ak/nwis/c...ect=station_nm

Walt
    Gulkana Rafting
    907-259-4290

I was thinking about heading down and floating from poplar grove to SP tomorrow 7/1. I’ve been watching the gauge slowly moving downwards. Anyone catching any fish? How’s the water clarity? Is the wood and junk outta the main channel?

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
    Working...
    X