PWS early season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PWS early season

From the few trips that we've made so far, it seems like 2018 is having a normal start. Fishing is not fast by any means, but at the end of the day it's worth going- especially with the perfect weather for the past week. Typically, as we cover more water it just gets better. We couldn't have a better day for shrimping.

. Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	2516527 Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	2516528

You did good. I couldn't find any butts in my summer spot. is that a yelloweye or a shortraker? Looks like an eye?

Did you have to run out into the gulf for the butt? How deep did you have to fish? I have heard that the butts are deep early.......

Comment

Very deep, 600' had bite on.
      Bk
      BK Marine Services 232-6399
      Alaskas only Planar diesel heaters dealer, service, warranty, and installation.
      Alaskas only Lonestar drum winch dealer, Whirlwind props, Stinger gearbox, and Alumatech airboats.
      Www.bkmarineservices.com

Comment

Originally posted by bkmail View Post
        Very deep, 600' had bite on.
        Bk
        I anchored up on a saddle a few hundred yards from my summe spot (normally 240') in 520' and got 1 cod. There was zero current though. 20 ounce weights straight up and down....

Comment

1000' and they are thick!!
          "Nothing worse than a GROUSE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Tyin 1 On View Post
            1000' and they are thick!!
            Pix or it didn't happen! From Sunday -with good view of surrounding area!

Could have easily fished that deep sunday in Knight passage anyway.

Comment

Now, Now cant give it all away. I will give you this, go straight take a right at the first corner head straight for a bit then hang a left for a bit and stop. You should see a couple mountains and water all around you and drop anchor straight out from the one tall spruce tree. FishOn

Originally posted by Bullelkklr View Post
              Pix or it didn't happen! From Sunday -with good view of surrounding area!

Could have easily fished that deep sunday in Knight passage anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyin 1 On View Post
                Now, Now cant give it all away. I will give you this, go straight take a right at the first corner head straight for a bit then hang a left for a bit and stop. You should see a couple mountains and water all around you and drop anchor straight out from the one tall spruce tree. FishOn
                Hey - get off MY Numbers MAN. That hole is 2200' deep....had to add some extra anchor rode.

Maybe the drive to Homer and fishing shallow with almost no weight is worth it...

Comment

That is always fun catching them in 25'!! I did have a buddy send me a pic of his trip last weekend out in the sound and he had 4 that looked to be 60-80 lb'ers. Could not tell you were tho
                  Originally posted by Bullelkklr View Post
                  Hey - get off MY Numbers MAN. That hole is 2200' deep....had to add some extra anchor rode.

Maybe the drive to Homer and fishing shallow with almost no weight is worth it...

Comment

Caught a 40 and a 20 quite a ways south in PWS drifting with jigs 2 days ago. Must be some around - saw some of the charters fb pix and they are putting up pretty good stringers.

Comment

Early but good!

Some of the best shrimping I've seen in years. Dumbed into this hog in 66 ft of H2O
                      Attached Files
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                        Some of the best shrimping I've seen in years. Dumbed into this hog in 66 ft of H2O
                        Nice catch Flyguy. What general area did you find that slob in?

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X