Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gr8fl
    replied
    Predictive Fishometer "off" for the remainder of the season. Fish at your own risk.

BTW, donations have doubled since last post. Thanks, Steve.

~tr

Leave a comment:

• gr8fl
    replied
    Celebrating >100,000 cumulative hits

one donation. Thanks, Ken.

~tr

Leave a comment:

• gr8fl
    replied
    New address: http://aksalmondipnetting.com/copper

Redirect script active on [home.gci.net] site will take you there for the time being. I may be dropping my gci account at the end of the season, so you may want to update your bookmarks.

~tr

Leave a comment:

• gr8fl
    replied
    Collection of Early Copper River Photos

Link on the CRCDFEC page to some of the old photos I use occasionally of dipnetting on the Copper, plus some interesting shots of the railroad through Wood, Baird, and Abercrombie canyons; and the bridge and steamboat landing near Chitina. Direct link is here.

Link on the web page says "Select Copper River and Northwestern Railroad Archive Photos"

~tr

Leave a comment:

• fullbush
    replied
    I'd say the counter misses at least 150,000 fish 50,000 of which are kings before they even get the durn thing in

Leave a comment:

• fullbush
    replied
    oh you know it is inaccurate. Heck they can't even put it in till the 3rd week of may because of ice, a lot of time later. You can't even drive to 52 mile till june for crying out loud how do think they count fish w/o manpower? Half the run could have come in by the time they get that abomination of a counter in. Good Lord man!!!!

Leave a comment:

• gr8fl
    replied
    Perish the thought that the Miles Lake sonar counter is as inaccurate as the Kenai. Just thinking out loud...

Leave a comment:

• fullbush
    replied
    Originally posted by gr8fl View Post

a la 2006

~tr
    If thats the case 2010 should have been gang busters seeing how '06 was the parent run. Quite the contrare however. Unless they come back as 5 year olds, thats more proof that good escapement don't mean squat. We shouldn't have let so many in...

Leave a comment:

• gr8fl
    replied
    Off the Scale

a la 2006

~tr

Leave a comment:

• gr8fl
    replied
    Off and On

Leave a comment:

• FamilyMan
    replied
    How is it that you're not makin' the big bucks workin' at Humminbird? They just don't think as cool as you do! :topjob:

Leave a comment:

• gr8fl
    replied
    Now Accurately Predicting

...to the nearest 5K.

~tr

Leave a comment:

• gr8fl
    replied
    It's in the works.

Originally posted by FamilyMan View Post
    Can I get a boat-mounted version of that?
    Roger that. Here's the boat mounted version:

Be advised I'm still working out the bugs.

~tr

Leave a comment:

• FamilyMan
    replied
    field version availability?

Originally posted by gr8fl View Post
    Real-Time Predictive Fishometer added. Best guesstimate for success if you went today. Use at your own risk.
    Can I get a boat-mounted version of that?

That'd look real nice on the console of any boat, I would predict.

Leave a comment:

• gr8fl
    replied
    Predictive Fishometer

Real-Time Predictive Fishometer added. Best guesstimate for success if you went today. Use at your own risk.

btw, this is a modification of one version of a Care-o-Meter if you've ever seen one.

Also, I swapped the ADN news feed for NOAA Statewide Weather Alerts. Got tired of some of the headlines they put out there as news.
    Last edited by gr8fl; 04-03-2011, 15:49. Reason: clarification of source

Leave a comment:

Footer Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X