Kenai River Dipnetting Reports 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kenai River Dipnetting Reports 2021

Nobody started one yet so I thought I would jump in. Any news from the Kenai yet? I saw the OTF jumped up to 77 on the 11th. That was a pretty big number. Should be a pretty good slug of fish coming in soon I would bet.

And right back down to an index of 11 the very next day!

Comment

Yeah I saw that. Ebb and flow. That's how it always goes, but the general trend should be heading in the right direction I would think. Any reports???

Comment

We went from boat this past Saturday. Launched about 7, fished until about 3 (low tide at noon). 3 nets, 12 fish. Seemed slow for everyone out there. Heard a report of a quick limit from shore at the mouth that same weekend.

Comment

Three people, two nets, from a boat <br/><br/>7/10 3:00 pm - 9:00 pm 17 reds<br/>7/11 10:00 am - 9:00 pm 42 reds<br/>7/12 6:00 am - 11:00 am 26 reds<br/><br/>Mostly small fish the 10th, picked up in size the next couple of days. <br/><br/><br/>Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by juno cruiser View Post
            Three people, two nets, from a boat <br/><br/>7/10 3:00 pm - 9:00 pm 17 reds<br/>7/11 10:00 am - 9:00 pm 42 reds<br/>7/12 6:00 am - 11:00 am 26 reds<br/><br/>Mostly small fish the 10th, picked up in size the next couple of days. <br/><br/><br/>Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Thanks for the report

Comment

The Kenai webcams are being fickle (looks like their web developers missed a few bugs) but occasionally one of them starts working. Looks pretty slow. But it also looks like it's a beautiful day at the mouth and I'm sure people are having a blast despite little to no fish showing up at the moment.

Comment

We fished all day Thursday- started at 6, fished until the tide got so low that the mud was a problem, then waited and fished the evening tide. Got 9 fish, lost a couple more. Not horrible, not great, but the weather was great. Fished from the North shore. Good luck to all going down, this weekend looks to be a mob scene!

Comment

Just checked the webcam and there appears to be a vehicle or atv on fire on the south beach. Have yet to see a fish landed on the north side.

Comment

Hope people are there now, fish are hitting the beach hard as we speak. The commercial nets are loaded right now fish will be in the river soon if they are not there now. Dipped Saturday night picked up 18 in 2.5 hrs.

Comment

Fished today from about 7 am until about 4 pm with an hour lunch break in between. So about 8 hours on the water, 2 nets 114 fish. Not a bad day.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushwhack Jack View Post
                        Fished today from about 7 am until about 4 pm with an hour lunch break in between. So about 8 hours on the water, 2 nets 114 fish. Not a bad day.
                        Holy smokes, Not a bad day at all

Comment

We dipped 6 hours in the afternoon on Thursday, 7/15, four nets, 35 fish. Not fast, not slow.
                          Drove a boat for two friends dipping on 7/16, two nets, 20 fish in about 4 hours. Again not fast.
                          Monday 7/19 we dipped from a boat, 10 fish in about an hour and a half in the early morning. Two nets.
                          Tuesday 7/20 my daughter went with a friend on their boat to assist with pulling in nets. They got 28 fish in about 45 minutes, early morning with 3 nets. So it is definitely picking up. The tides look good for the weekend coming up.
                          Never count your days, but rather, make all of your days count.

Comment

Dipped the south shore Friday through Monday. Slow the first 3 days. The commercials being off on the weekend helped things. Picked up well on Monday 19Jul. 2 nets fished high to low. 24 fish.
                            -Tim

Comment

39 in 3 hours on Saturday starting at 1500, 61 on Sunday in 3.5 hours starting at 1430. 2 nets. Mainly on drifters left, never got to the commercial buoys.
                              My child was inmate of the month at Mat-Su pre-trial Correctional facility.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X