Fish creek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fish creek

Fished the opener today from shore. My son and I got 3 reds each. Was hot to start but tapered off quickly. People at the mouth did better. High tide was at 0640, 40 minutes after opening. I think if we could have dipped it 30 minutes earlier it would have been better. We saw a lot of jumpers while waiting for the hour to turn. <br/><br/>
    -Tim

Thanks for the report TR.

Is there a time in the tide cycle that best to fish? I'm assuming incoming?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike.Records View Post
      Thanks for the report TR.

Is there a time in the tide cycle that best to fish? I'm assuming incoming?
      I've always done really well if I go in with my raft at low tide, fish the incoming tide and pull out at high tide. Not going this year, already got my limit at the Kenai. I always liked going to Fish creek though. Lot of Silvers get caught, not just reds.

Comment

Yeah, incoming tide works best then an hour or so after slack. Need to wait for the ditch to fill up with water.
        -Tim

Comment

Thanks for the feedback folks. Gonna go try out the incoming tide this afternoon. Excited to get out!

Comment

Went out last night in a canoe. Lots of action and everyone was having fun. Even people on shore seemed to be doing pretty well. Very exciting when the bore tide came ripping up the creek- bumper boats!

Comment

Good to hear. Was dipping from the bank yesterday and it was super slow. Plan to try again today.
              -Tim

Comment

Got 6 fish with 2 nets over a 3 hour period from the bank. Was close to the mouth. People further up stream faired worse.<br/><br/>Shore dippers at the point seemed to be doing well from what I could see. Didn't talk to any of them though.
                -Tim

Comment

Numbers are high now. Seems they closed this a week early. They did increase the bag and possession limits for hook fishing though. Watching the Kenai numbers looks like the UCI fish are running late this season.<br/>
                  Last edited by TR; 08-05-2020, 04:51.
                  -Tim

Comment

Originally posted by TR View Post
                    Numbers are high now. Seems they closed this a week early. They did increase the bag and possession limits for hook fishing though. Watching the Kenai numbers looks like the UCI fish are running late this season.<br/>
                    They always close down fish creek to dipnetting July 31st. They've never allowed it to go past the 31st because the silvers start coming in strong in August and they are trying to prevent the bycatch of silvers.

Comment

Good point. Makes sense
                      -Tim

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X