Pictures??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pictures??

Could any of you post a photo or two showing this Hoosier just how dipnetting is done?? I have been wondering and I looked through the files on here and found one pic and it looked like a machine set up in the water!! Just curious on how its done!! Thanks!! Mark T

That's a fish wheel.

I always plan to take pics, but the families so busy taking care of fish, no time for pics. This year would have been good with slow fishing, but our camera died on our vacation.

I think on the Anchorage Daily News www.adn.com archives there are some pics of dipnetting.
    Those that are successful in Alaska are those who are flexible, and allow the reality of life in Alaska to shape their dreams, vs. trying to force their dreams on the reality of Alaska.

If you have a tenuous grasp of reality, Alaska is not for you.

Comment

internet

Do a search on the internet and you will find plenty.

Comment

A member posted a link a while back to his picture page, there were some real nice pictures from Chitna and dipnetting, also was a video clip to show the fast boiling water.. check it out, I think the dipnetting photos / video is on page 2, http://www.flickr.com/photos/tkurk

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
        Working...
        X