Dipnetting Cancelled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dipnetting Cancelled

Due to the coronavirus pandemic, and the need for social distancing, dipnetting will be shutdown. Sorry about your luck
    Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

It has been amended, everyone will have to wear a 12' diameter hula hoop around their waist to make sure there is always 6' between them and the other people
    I will never be a "Prostaffer" its not that I am not good enough
    but its because I refuse to pimp products for free.

Comment

I heard a new strain of the Covid-19, called the Covid-20 is developing from all the seagull poo.

Comment

I heard social distancing for red fishing is 30'

Comment

Open 'er up for snagging with no limits! The river is going to be plugged with fish since we won't have any outsiders up here to process the commercial catch or going on charters. At the rate everything is getting shutdown we will have to take shifts based on age group so we can snag all the overescapement. Serioisly though, this year might just help the king numbers and test the overescapement theories.
          “I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” Physicist ― Richard Feynman

Comment

No problemo...

Click image for larger version

Name:	istockphoto-952682172-612x612.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	2502160
            "– Gas boats are bad enough, autos are an invention of the devil, and airplanes are worse." ~Allen Hasselborg

Comment

Originally posted by cdubbin View Post
              No problemo...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]98765[/ATTACH]

What- No gloves????

Comment

I think if you live in the community and keep your social distancing you should be OK!
                Sorry Anchorage and valley people but your SOL for sure.
                Traveling here would have you traveling unnecessarily through unaffected communities and infected ones.
                Crowded parking lots and beach camping need to be shut down to avoid potential exposure.

Sent from my S41 using Tapatalk
                "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Comment

You guys down south aren't in the clear yet. Besides you saw how fast they changed their mind on bear hunting. If you think they will cancel a personal use fishery and not have half the state knocking on their door your kidding your self.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                  I will never be a "Prostaffer" its not that I am not good enough
                  but its because I refuse to pimp products for free.

Comment

Originally posted by kwackkillncrew View Post
                    You guys down south aren't in the clear yet. Besides you saw how fast they changed their mind on bear hunting. If you think they will cancel a personal use fishery and not have half the state knocking on their door your kidding your self.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                    They took half our dividend and didn't care what we thought.lol
                    No were not in the clear but most of us can hit the dipnet area without leaving our community.
                    Can't say that living in Anchorage or the valley(well maybe fish Creek and that new fishery) like you can for bear hunting!
                    Who knows what they'll do?
                    I have heard several people on the radio, when the mayor was being interviewed on a call in program, urging our borough mayor to see what he can do about keeping the Anchorage dipnet crowd out until things clear up on this Covid19.
                    He doesn't have the authority mind you, but, can make recommendations directly to those that do.
                    It would be highly contested but could happen.
                    Let's hope we're doing better before then!

Sent from my S41 using Tapatalk
                    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Comment

State doesn't recognise local priority. I think it will be hard to justify no travel or local quarantines just to keep fisherman out. Local advisory committees should be watching this. The Fairbanks AC is. PU fishing is an important food security activity.
                      I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
                      I have less friends now!!

Comment

Originally posted by Patsfan54 View Post
                        Open 'er up for snagging with no limits! The river is going to be plugged with fish since we won't have any outsiders up here to process the commercial catch or going on charters. At the rate everything is getting shutdown we will have to take shifts based on age group so we can snag all the overescapement. Serioisly though, this year might just help the king numbers and test the overescapement theories.
                        I've thought the kings should be completely shutdown for a few years and really see how the numbers would change.

Comment

The states going to put a fish wheel in and everybody from anchorage will be able to pick their fish up at the weigh station they will be on slush ice and ready for processing every morning.

Comment

Originally posted by catchfish View Post
                            The states going to put a fish wheel in and everybody from anchorage will be able to pick their fish up at the weigh station they will be on slush ice and ready for processing every morning.
                            I like this idea

Comment

Originally posted by catchfish View Post
                              They could prevent bycatch, and over limits.
                              Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X