Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where does the UCI start, anchor point?
    I will never be a "Prostaffer" its not that I am not good enough
    but its because I refuse to pimp products for free.

Comment

Originally posted by kwackkillncrew View Post
      As far as Personal Use goes, Kasilof...
      "– Gas boats are bad enough, autos are an invention of the devil, and airplanes are worse." ~Allen Hasselborg

Comment

Originally posted by kwackkillncrew View Post
        The short answer is yes. The longer answer is Cook Inlet has Upper and Lower management areas, the Upper is north of Anchor Point. Lower Cook Inlet is everything else north of the latitude at Cape Douglas and west of the longitude of Cape Fairfield (this includes Res Bay).

UCI map:
        https://www.adfg.alaska.gov/static/f...s_Sections.pdf

LCI maps:
        http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/static/fi...bdistricts.pdf
        "Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I still get to kill something." --Ron Swanson

Comment

Anyone have a map of this new dipnet fishery on the Susitna?

Kinda know where Susitna Station is, so it begins one mile downstream from there.
          But, not familiar with the Bell Island/Alexander Creek cutoff ADF&G regulatory marker?

Or could someone create an un-official map using their river knowledge & computer skills?

Thanx, Dave.
          "Luckily, enforcement reads these forums, and likely will peruse this one...Especially after a link of it is forwarded to them....." - AlaskaHippie.

Comment

Fish and Game has to develop exactly where the Fishery will occur and the exact dates. About an hour down river from Deshka Landing, above Bell Island. F&G will put markers up so you know where to Fish in between. Kinda parallel to Flat Horn Lake. Here is the RC from the meeting

http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/static/re...e_prop_234.pdf

Comment

Polar,

It looks like the dates & times have already been set (as per your link):

July 10-31, 2020, Wednesdays (to? or and?) Saturdays, 6am-11pm.

But, the geographic limits are only inferred to be already in place?
              (which is why I thought that there might also be a map available)

Hopefully, we'll all know exactly where we're going, before shoving-off or taking-off
              without waiting to look for all of the other guys lining the banks with nets in their hands . . . . . .
              "Luckily, enforcement reads these forums, and likely will peruse this one...Especially after a link of it is forwarded to them....." - AlaskaHippie.

Comment

Has anyone dipped here? Curious what it is like and quality of the fish.
                -Tim

Comment

Originally posted by TR View Post
                  Has anyone dipped here? Curious what it is like and quality of the fish.
                  Yeah, I’m curious as well.

Comment

Had some friends go down for the last day of the fishery. Two netters caught 19 reds, 8 silvers, and some pinks and chums. They only kept the sockeye and silvers, which were chrome bright.

Comment

Nice to hear. Thanks for the report
                      -Tim

Comment

Read a report on Fishtale River Guides' web site - said they caught 13 reds and 2 silvers on July 22. They had to stop fishing after losing all four of their dip nets on snags while drifting from a boat. Also said it was an hour boat ride one way. So glad i went to Fish Creek instead!

Comment

Damm, lost their nets, expensive trip. Good to know that for future reference. An hour from Deshka landing i presume.
                          -Tim

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X