This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 Copper River Dipnetting Reports

Looking forward to the upcoming season! Hoping for some good reports and great conditions this year. Hope to see you there!

Thanks for getting this thread started! It will become our official Copper River dip netting thread; I stuck it at the top where we can find it!
    Michael Strahan
    Site Owner
    Alaska Hunt Consultant
    1 (907) 229-4501

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Strahan View Post
      Thanks for getting this thread started! It will become our official Copper River dip netting thread; I stuck it at the top where we can find it!
      Right on Mike, hope to see you down there in the canyon this year.

Comment

May-21 2,532 4,918 41,226
        May-20 1,623 2,386 26,093
        May-19 763 763 17,891
        Looks like Miles Lake is up and counting. First column is 2020 daily, second is cumulative 2020, third is cumulative total for 2019

Patriot Life Member NRA
        Life Member Veterans of Foreign Wars
        Life Member Disabled American Veterans

Comment

I could not find a place to launch my boat today at Chitina. I wanted to test drive it in the river but currently the main channel is out of reach of my 4x4. Upriver of the bridge, after winding my way out around soft spots below the Kotsina gravel deposits and small channels, there was a final stretch of 40 yards of deep wet sand with clay. Too soft for my truck. Below the bridge on the Chitina side by the Chitina Village "Iron Ranger" launch fee and parking fee station, there is a channel which would have to be crossed twice, the first one was knee deep, the second one only 8 inches. Only 40 degrees air temperature today, so the water is still low. On the downstream McCarthy side of the bridge, about 400 hundred yards down, people with a lighter inflatable MAY be able to launch, but the bank dropped off steeply.

Who knows what it will look like in 2 weeks? Maybe if the Chitina Village Corporation plans on doing some gravel work and the river doesn't rise too much, dip netters can make it out there to launch their boats.

O'Brian Creek does not have a public launch site.
          Last edited by Ramsay; 1 day ago.

Comment

Good news. I heard someone made it with their truck to launch in the Copper above the bridge.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
            Working...
            X