Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 Kasilof River Dipnet Reports Here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 Kasilof River Dipnet Reports Here...

Please post your reports on the Kasilof River here.
    I have been down a couple times this year to observe for a bit and reports varied wildly. I saw a few fish netted but was def not hot dipping while I was there for the couple hours.
    I did talk to one older fella cleaning some reds who was only 2 short of his limit. He had been there for the first 48 hrs of the opener.
    One thing I would mention is the beach road this year, and the upper beach itself is terribly tore up and soft sand this year. I hope this next set of high tides packs much of the beach tight, but the beach road (south side access) to dipping area is out of the tidal area and unusually sandy and soft. Beware.
    Your sarcasm is way, waaaayyyyyyyy more sarcastic than mine! :whistle:
    WWG1WGA! QANON

Took a trip out there this aftrnn and was told that the dipping was relatively slow. An anchorage family was just leaving for home and had ten fish for two days fishing.
    My wife dipped from 4 to 6:30pm and we went home with 8 fish. The tide was about tail end of high slack and so the last hour tide was leaving quickly. That was about par for the course from what I observed. We were hoping for ten, but 8 fish was a good start.
    WWG1WGA! QANON

Comment

Fished the south bank for about 3 hours this morning after slack low, got 4...purty slow fishing...hit the outgoing tide on the north side mudflats later this afternoon, much better...5 in a little over an hour....some nice sized fish coming in.
      "– Gas boats are bad enough, autos are an invention of the devil, and airplanes are worse." ~Allen Hasselborg

Comment

So far, sonar is tracking almost identically with last season...a hair later and a hair more fish....if the trend keeps up, we'll see a huge surge mid-July....
        Click image for larger version

Name:	GraphData.jpeg.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	11.9 KB
ID:	2501833
        "– Gas boats are bad enough, autos are an invention of the devil, and airplanes are worse." ~Allen Hasselborg

Comment

Originally posted by cdubbin View Post
          Fished the south bank for about 3 hours this morning after slack low, got 4...purty slow fishing...hit the outgoing tide on the north side mudflats later this afternoon, much better...5 in a little over an hour....some nice sized fish coming in.
          Your report matches up w what we saw. And yes, the fish size was very nice to see. We only had one, what I would call, a typical sized Kasilof fish. All the rest were very nice fish.
          WWG1WGA! QANON

Comment

Slow day today. 5 fish over 4 hrs, one net. Par for the course from what I observed.
            WWG1WGA! QANON

Comment

Same here - went to Kasilof River off Kbeach Road access on Friday a.m. but not at 6 am. which requires leaving ANC at 2 a.m. Other buddy arrived at 6 a.m. in separate car and fished til 10 a.m got 10 reds most caught between 6 a.m. and 8:00 a.m. 1 1/2 hrs before low tide. Friend and I arrived at 8:30 a.m. and dipped til 2:30 pm. 8 reds with 2 nets. Lotsa company and only a few fish were caught with consistency. not hot by any stretch of imagination. Boat dippers were cleaning up in middle "just" out of reach of longest dip nets. Long day. smoke conditions from Swan Lake Fire were not bad at all.

Comment

Dipped yesterday just b4, thru, and after high tide. 7 fish in 2 hrs 15 mins. I would say fishing was ‘fair’.
                That fills out our 35 fish limit for the season. Fish caught yest def smaller than what we been getting. As five of the seven small, the other two med-med/ large fish. The other days we been fishing it was just the opposite with 4 out of 5 fish being at least medium large to large.
                Lots more folks fishing both sides of the river now too. Never seen folks on the north shore fish so far from the shoreline.
                South shore dippers.... beware the soft sand at the flatter halfway point of the beach! Lots of people getting stuck.
                WWG1WGA! QANON

Comment

Dipped 8 1/2 hours Friday with two nets from a boat and got 60 fish. commercial boats weren't out.

Comment

Dipping up to the bridge opens tomorrow
                    -Tim

Comment

How will this work? Sorry for the dumb question. Does this mean you still park on the beach, and can just walk further up the river? Are there other public spots besides the beach to access?
                      Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by youngtrout View Post
                        How will this work? Sorry for the dumb question. Does this mean you still park on the beach, and can just walk further up the river? Are there other public spots besides the beach to access?
                        Thanks
                        I think you can dip at Crooked Creek camp ground
                        -Tim

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X