No announcement yet.

2018 Copper River Dipnetting Reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fish have been hitting the river in pretty big numbers finally....here they come! (hopefully) Keep your eye on the EO's...

Comment

I spoke with Sommerville yesterday. He told me 36% of the fish going through the sonar are hatchery fish. He said that they are evaluating the numbers and because of the hatchery fish he sees the dip netting remaining closed for the summer. Today they opened subsistence for 7 days per week above the bridge. I am now calling for walker and cotton to immediately resign from office. They have stolen the fish from Alaskans. They messed with my family and my ability to provide food for them. That has crossed the line. The dip netting my be labeled personal use but to me that is my subsistence. Beyond mad.

Comment

Originally posted by mrj View Post
        I spoke with Sommerville yesterday. He told me 36% of the fish going through the sonar are hatchery fish. He said that they are evaluating the numbers and because of the hatchery fish he sees the dip netting remaining closed for the summer. Today they opened subsistence for 7 days per week above the bridge. I am now calling for walker and cotton to immediately resign from office. They have stolen the fish from Alaskans. They messed with my family and my ability to provide food for them. That has crossed the line. The dip netting my be labeled personal use but to me that is my subsistence. Beyond mad.
        Get a subsistence permit. Its free.
        The Second Amendment.......Know it, love it, support it.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGAKSTUFF View Post
          Get a subsistence permit. Its free.
          He should also get a grip.

Comment

Pretty tough to fish above the bridge if you donít have a boat. Canít even get to the fishwheels without a boat so please donít say to get a subsistence permit.

Comment

Befriend a fish wheel owner and get the FREE permit. 100's of other Alaskans are already doing so.
              Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

Comment

Originally posted by FishGod View Post
                Befriend a fish wheel owner and get the FREE permit. 100's of other Alaskans are already doing so.
                Easier said than done in my experience. Fish wheel shares are limited. Not a bad idea if you can find a willing party, though.

Comment

There are wheel owners that have dozens upon dozens of registered users. If you snoop around, it's easier than you think.
                  Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

Comment

Originally posted by FishGod View Post
                    There are wheel owners that have dozens upon dozens of registered users. If you snoop around, it's easier than you think.
                    Yeah, it's finding the empty slot that's the tricky part. Had friends with a share. They basically got a 2-3 day window where they worked the wheel. When was determined by the wheel owner and was a crap shoot. Some years they hardly got any and others they got way too many... Lol. Not sure if all wheels work like that in divvying it up.

Comment

I am with MRJ Everyone should be angry. When no one speaks up , those in charge think it is ok to mess with us.
                      they took away half of our PFD. Anyone upset with that? Should we get a grip? The governor can be voted out if enough people get angry. Your voice can be heard at the voting booth. Just my .02.

Comment

Any reports down yonder from the subsistence side of things? Hems just posted an update on their fb page that there is a rumor about personal use opening Thursday, nothing sure yet. Sounds like river might be flooding a bit but hopefully sheís manageable.

Comment

Originally posted by jkswor View Post
                          I am with MRJ Everyone should be angry. When no one speaks up , those in charge think it is ok to mess with us.
                          they took away half of our PFD. Anyone upset with that? Should we get a grip? The governor can be voted out if enough people get angry. Your voice can be heard at the voting booth. Just my .02.
                          Now there are two angry at the governor and I want to understand your perspective. Are you and MRJ mad at the governor because the run is weak this year?

Or are you angry that the dipnet fishery is personal use and therefore lower priority than subsistence?

I am asking a serious question and not trying to antagonize.

Comment

Bump to top

Comment

http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/sf/EONR/i...2018&NRID=2601

http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/sf/EONR/i...2018&NRID=2599
                              "Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I still get to kill something." --Ron Swanson

Comment

Good news. Thanks for the updates.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X