Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fish Creek

Opens 6am Friday morning! Go get 'em!

Oh, I am excited! This will be my first time dipping FC. Question for anyone in the know... does one have to make it all the way to the mouth to be successful, or can one fish some of the holes closer to the highway? Just trying to plan out my best way of getting fish.

Thanks!

Comment

Where is the Emergency Order posted that it is going to open this year?

Comment

http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/sf/EONR/i...n.NR&NRID=1999

Comment

Thank you for the link, no matter how I tried I still couldn't find it. I also just got off the phone with F&G and was told basically the same as the link. Hoping to make it this weekend or next week depending on how my back heals after throwing it out on Monday. At least I can get around without any aides today, of course the Mrs. is back at work so no one to tell me to stop but myself(and my back muscles)!

Comment

So, this means that all the VALLEY TRASH can stay home and catch their own fish!!

Comment

Think the Kenai gets crowded try to get a spot this Saturday on fish creek

Comment

BIGDIPPER, NO... Sunday we are coming back down to haunt the peninsula. Fish creek is just an appetizer!!!!
                If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip? ALASKADIPNETTING.NET

Comment

Originally posted by BigDipper View Post
                  So, this means that all the VALLEY TRASH can stay home and catch their own fish!!
                  Yeah, you don't sound 'trashy' at all ...
                  ------------------------------------------------
                  pull my finger....

Comment

Originally posted by BigDipper View Post
                    I'm sure the Valley folks will be mingling with 'TRASH' from other areas as well...Stay home and catch their own fish? The fish are a resource available to all residents, regardless of where you reside.

Comment

I am "Valley Trash" and proud of it. I am also a Knik resident. You don't have to be from the valley to be trashy, unfortunately there are plenty of trashy folks everywhere, but we wear our title proudly, Thank you Ben Stevens. On the flip side, when I go to your backyard, regardless of where it may be, I am respectful and if I pack it in, I pack it out and invariably some of the trash others, whose parents didn't teach them better, left behind. Please respect our no trespassing, private property,no motorized vehicle, no dumping, signs and show our backyard the same respect you wish us to show yours.

Respectfully,
                      The Valley Trash

Comment

Can we stop acting like little kids. And start talking fishing. Is anybody down there now? How's the fishing? Is it crowded? Anybody with anything to report?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep, as it always is when it opens for dip netting, no place left to park & lots of mud...with the recent rain and high tide, it should be a quagmire by now. Keep in mind that Fish Creek is open for PU dip netting only, no sport fishing with rod & reel just yet.

Comment

Anybody have a link to the tide tables at fish creek? I'm having a hard time finding one.

Comment

I was down there this morning. It was really hot for about 10 minutes, then pretty slow. I think it was a combination of both the obvious fact that the fish always move around like crazy when all of a sudden hundreds of nets start bouncing them on the heads, but also the tide timing was unfortunate. If high tide had been an hour or two later, I'll bet the fishing would have been a little better and more consistent. Still, there were plenty of folks catching fish. Some spots were hot, others were dead. People were generally friendly and courteous. I'm not sure I encountered any of this Valley Trash I keep hearing about, but maybe that's 'cause I'm a little trashy myself, so I don't see it.

Tides - I'm not sure you'll find tide tables for Fish Cr. but I see that Anchorage tides listed HT as 6:42 this morning, but it seemed it kept coming in until about 7:30. So for quick reference, I would use Anchorage tables and factor in about a 45 minute lag, and you'll be close enough.

Troopers - have your licenses and permits with you, clip your fins immediately, and mark your permits BEFORE YOU LEAVE THE BANK. At least a handful of troopers there; saw two tickets written and heard of another from a guy who had his permit but just didn't mark it before heading up to the road. That's an unfortunate way to get a ticket, so cross your t's folks. They are checking.

Species - EO says you can keep all species except kings. Lots of folks on the bank will tell you that you cannot keep silvers, but this isn't true this year. If it's not a king, you can keep it. There's a decent number of pinks in there too. Most people were throwing them back, but I saw some pretty nice ones get kept, and I'm sure they'll eat just fine.

Enjoy folks...

-Gr
                              My signature is awesome.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X