Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kardinal_84
    replied
    GF was at Kenai Mouth. She reports the beach is completely dead as of 1:45pm.

Sneak peak from afar...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAGE_766.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	2492208

Leave a comment:

• BigDipper
    replied
    Bambi--Did you throw them kings back like you're required to??

No king retention this year for dip netters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Michael Strahan
    replied
    Ended up with 6 fish between two nets in the morning. Taking a break and back at it this evening. No waves to speak of, calm conditions, just not many fish.

I accidentally locked led this thread this morning. Sorry!

Leave a comment:

• Michael Strahan
    replied
    We're fishing the morning tide right now and it's pretty dead here. Hopefully it will pick up on the outgoing tide... And I disagree on the City of Kenai. They've got a tractor down here cleaning the beach every night...lots of support for dipnetters. Half of Anchorage floods this place every summer, so there is a huge impact, and it's not all positive.

Leave a comment:

• algonquin
    replied
    Three of us fished yesterday from 10:30 am until 2:30 pm and got 24 red and two pinks. We were walking. I think the city of Kenai isn't happy with the dip netters , road blocks , no parking on streets that are plenty wide to allow for safe parking. I think I'm going to explore a few new places next year.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Strahan
    replied
    Fished the evening tide today and got four reds and a pink between the two of us. Beautiful evening! Hardly any jumpers. Pretty slow, but that's why I take the entire week off. They will show.

Leave a comment:

• Jisler
    replied
    dey hidin under da ames bridge liek toll trolls

Leave a comment:

• NORTH2AK
    replied
    Just FYI, if you are dipping from a boat and launched above the bridge, make sure your cards are marked before you head up river!!! Park Rangers stopping boats about a mile up steam and handing out tickets right and left.

Leave a comment:

• fishak
    replied
    friend nailed 50 on a boat from opening to about 10 am this morning

Leave a comment:

• danaroypatton
    replied
    Originally posted by BRWNBR View Post
    Can we keep kings this year or no?
    No we cannot.

Leave a comment:

• coho slayer
    replied
    No retention unless something changed dramatically.

Leave a comment:

• BRWNBR
    replied
    Can we keep kings this year or no?

Leave a comment:

• danaroypatton
    replied
    Group of four fished from the south shore between 0600 Friday the 11th and 2300 Saturday the 12th. We were good for 110, pulled out 101. From what I've read and what I saw down there, we did better than most - with the exception of the drysuit folks. Fish were hitting hardest on the last half of outgoing tide, and right at low. Also, if you're camping, head on a swivel for those big tides.

Leave a comment:

• Bambistew
    replied
    Dipped from a boat all day yesterday 7/14, we started at high tited and fished through to the next... S-U-C-K-E-D. We were holding our mouths just right and everything... just not many fish. We ended up keeping a dozen and tossed a couple crusty ones back. We fished 2 nets. On the upside we netted two hen kings. One was about 17-18lbs the other was upper 20s. Lots of boats, looked like a weekend. Going to head back down in a few days. Good luck..

Leave a comment:

• smithtb
    replied
    Brwnbr, 24 hrs and only 2 reports. I don't think I'm ruining anyone's swerve here, am I?

Coho, yes, lots of people don't know they can do this. Wish the commercial industry was better at marketing to PU - the economics would solve a lot of the fighting.

Ok, done with the hijack.

Leave a comment:

Footer Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X