X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arcticwildman
    replied
    Originally posted by willphish4food View Post
    Interesting. On the Copper, we were told that "fishing site" is the boat being used. Fish therefore don't need to be clipped recorded as long as they are in the boat, on the river. Fish must be marked before leaving the fishing site, or being concealed from view. I can see it being different on the Kenai, in that there is no sport fishing on the copper, so its pretty cut and dried that they are PU or subsistence fish if they're in a boat on the copper. I'd like to see the statute saying that those tickets are legal.
    I bet since there isn't dipping allowed past the bridge, that is considered leaving the dipping site once you travel past it. On the Copper you can dip anywhere so technically you don't leave the fishing site till you beach the boat.

Leave a comment:

• willphish4food
    replied
    Originally posted by NORTH2AK View Post
    Just FYI, if you are dipping from a boat and launched above the bridge, make sure your cards are marked before you head up river!!! Park Rangers stopping boats about a mile up steam and handing out tickets right and left.
    Interesting. On the Copper, we were told that "fishing site" is the boat being used. Fish therefore don't need to be clipped recorded as long as they are in the boat, on the river. Fish must be marked before leaving the fishing site, or being concealed from view. I can see it being different on the Kenai, in that there is no sport fishing on the copper, so its pretty cut and dried that they are PU or subsistence fish if they're in a boat on the copper. I'd like to see the statute saying that those tickets are legal.

Leave a comment:

• JuliW
    replied
    I know this is supposed to be 'the' week for dIp netting..Will it be worth going tues next week?

Leave a comment:

• BigDipper
    replied
    Originally posted by Lylo View Post
    So what are the effects on next day dipping with nets being pulled at 11pm the night before? Better in river numbers the next day?
    Hopefully, but usually not until the next high tide after the nets come out of the water.

Also, once they pull the beach nets on Thursday, they can't fish them until 36 hours later, which means the soonest any beach nets can fish again is 11 AM Saturday. Commercial boats may be allowed to fish by emergency order on Friday.

Leave a comment:

• Lylo
    replied
    Originally posted by chumsnagger View Post
    EO21 opening Kenai district setnets 11am to 11pm today
    So what are the effects on next day dipping with nets being pulled at 11pm the night before? Better in river numbers the next day?

Leave a comment:

• Bambistew
    replied
    I should have explained myself better, don't want people jumping to conclusions...

Is it sheep season yet?

Leave a comment:

• chumsnagger
    replied
    Commercial fishing announcements: http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm?adfg=cfnews.main

Leave a comment:

• mudbuddy
    replied
    Dipped from a boat on 15th
    Good from 6:30 AM to 7:15, got 20 in 45 min.
    Slow the rest of the day ,
    Commercial guys have been out almost every day.
    Amazing how they can shut down the fish coming into the river.

Be to know ahead of time when the commercial openings are going to be. ? ?
    Is there a web site that shows when the commercial openings are /will be. ? ?

Leave a comment:

• chumsnagger
    replied
    EO21 opening Kenai district setnets 11am to 11pm today

Leave a comment:

• oakman
    replied
    We fished all day yesterday (Tuesday). 43 reds split between 4 permits. Pretty good on the first high tide, very slow the rest of the day.

Leave a comment:

• BRWNBR
    replied
    Not me! I was just wondering if the reds are running. Not if anyone kept the wrong fish. I'd go to the Russian river for that! Be a highlight of my day netting a king, even if I had to throw it back!

Leave a comment:

• 4merguide
    replied
    Originally posted by Bambistew View Post
    Thanks for your concern!!
    Well I guess you should consider me as "concerned" as well because I was wondering the same thing.......

Leave a comment:

• vadimb
    replied
    Got 11 this morning, walking with a very long net, otherwise pretty slow

Leave a comment:

• BigDipper
    replied
    Originally posted by Bambistew View Post
    Yeah, I didn't think so, based on how you presented it in your post as one of the highlights of the day.

Leave a comment:

• Bambistew
    replied
    Originally posted by BigDipper View Post
    Bambi--Did you throw them kings back like you're required to??

No king retention this year for dip netters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

Footer Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X