Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another "LEGAL" question for dipnetters, lol.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another "LEGAL" question for dipnetters, lol.

Is it legal to fliet your fish where you catch them?

This goes to the point of clipping the tail.

(Senerio) If you drag a cooler down a hundred foot cliff/bank and don't want to haul the extra bones out, are you allowed to do so?

Do you need to leave the tail attached till you get home?

Why not just look it up yourself?

Dipnetting for Dummies
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaHippie View Post
      Why not just look it up yourself?

Dipnetting for Dummies
      Because the two of you want to challange everything that is posted.

Heck Hippie, I would have thought you would have an answer for that one right off.

( You know, we all might have some meaningful conversations on here if it wer"nt for the name calling, kinda shows haw shallow a person can be.

( I believe it says that til you get to a cleaning station, my station is where I catch them)

Comment

This was a legit question all, ( ya I was pushing a button,lol,) but someone I know asked me this and the regs say,

"a person may not possess salmon taken under a personal use salmon permit unless both tips of the tail fin are immediatly removed from the salmon"

"For purposes of the fishery " immediately" means before concealing the salmon from the fishing site. "Fishing Site" means the location where the fish was removed from the water and became part of the permit holders bag limit."

That being said I saw somewhere years back where you had to go to a certian station before you could filet them.

Clarifcation?

Comment

Originally posted by Rock_skipper View Post
          Because the two of you want to challange everything that is posted.
          "The two of you" whom are you referring to Rock?

If I interpret you correctly, I think I am one of the two to which you are referring to.

If that is the case, I am not challenging everything that is posted.

Heck Hippie, I would have thought you would have an answer for that one right off.
          Heck Rock, I did, it was a link to the PU Regs.

( You know, we all might have some meaningful conversations on here if it wer"nt for the name calling, kinda shows haw shallow a person can be.
          The advice you gave was wrong, get over it.

And grow up.
          Last edited by Brian M; 06-30-2014, 01:11.
          “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.

Comment

Originally posted by Rock_skipper View Post
            This was a legit question all, ( ya I was pushing a button,lol,) but someone I know asked me this and the regs say,

"a person may not possess salmon taken under a personal use salmon permit unless both tips of the tail fin are immediatly removed from the salmon"

"For purposes of the fishery " immediately" means before concealing the salmon from the fishing site. "Fishing Site" means the location where the fish was removed from the water and became part of the permit holders bag limit."

That being said I saw somewhere years back where you had to go to a certian station before you could filet them.

Clarifcation?
            1. It wasn't a "legit" question, since you've now admitted twice that the whole point to your ridiculous thread was to "push a button".

2. The Clarification you seek is in the regs: Dipnetting For Dummies

Comment

oh no here we go again.... I hope when I wake up in the morning I just dreamed a bad case of the twilight zone... you cannot have an argument with one person... anyone who does not want to argue don't post... it's that simple.... I'm guessing rock skipper knows the answer.. I believed If
              you fillet the fish before you leave the fishing site
              you do not have to clip the tail.... just in case I'm wrong... after you fillet the fish... you might want to clip the tail before you throw the carcass in the river

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Francis View Post
                oh no here we go again.... I hope when I wake up in the morning I just dreamed a bad case of the twilight zone... you cannot have an argument with one person... anyone who does not want to argue don't post... it's that simple.... I'm guessing rock skipper knows the answer.. I believed If
                you fillet the fish before you leave the fishing site
                you do not have to clip the tail.... just in case I'm wrong... after you fillet the fish... you might want to clip the tail before you throw the carcass in the river
                I think we might have to come down to their level and start a treehouse club in order to have matters discussed without derailing comments. Only people we want to be present can be present.
                Trying to play enough to make working for the money all worth it.

Comment

It helps to understand the purpose behind the regulation. The main reason for the tail clipping regulation is to keep people from selling personal use fish to the canneries. So, if you fillet at the fishing site, there is no need to clip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I just read the entire statewide personal use regs again and it dosnt say anything about it. Just what we already know "Clip the tails before concealing". But if you filet where you catch then there is nothing to clip. Again bad wording on the regs that might need to be reworded or reworked in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDipper View Post
                      It helps to understand the purpose behind the regulation. The main reason for the tail clipping regulation is to keep people from selling personal use fish to the canneries. So, if you fillet at the fishing site, there is no need to clip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Where does it say this is the main reason? I always "thought" it was just the proof for you and to the troopers both that you can cover your butt by defending that you dont have 30 sport caught fish and they can also make sure you have your limit of PU and then they can count your sport fish in seperate counts. Almost like if they were differnt species.

Comment

very seldom do they give reasons for the regulations.... I also heard it was so that the fish can not be sold... most fish are bought whole,,, how would you tell sport fish from pu fish...if you fillet them

Comment

A good pair of shears gentlemen, should be part of any dipnetters kit. I believe it takes about 6 seconds (4 if you're fast on the draw) to clip the tails after you get the fish out the net, why not just make it a normal part of the routine and be done with it?
                          The Second Amendment.......Know it, love it, support it.

Comment

There is a fish cleaning station right at O'Brian Creek. Once filleted and processed, the tail cutting is a non-issue. I usually read in the trooper reports they catch several people every week that do not cut the tails. And, yea, get fined. I think many of the regulations, hunting and fishing, are "attempts to maintain control". Are the regulations effective? Probably not. But some effort, effective or not, there still needs to be some attempt to control what is being done.

If we don't like the way things are going. Write a proposal to the board and submit it.

Patriot Life Member NRA
                            Life Member Veterans of Foreign Wars
                            Life Member Disabled American Veterans

Comment

Originally posted by BIGAKSTUFF View Post
                              A good pair of shears gentlemen, should be part of any dipnetters kit. I believe it takes about 6 seconds (4 if you're fast on the draw) to clip the tails after you get the fish out the net, why not just make it a normal part of the routine and be done with it?
                              you missing the point i belive. What if i filet right where i catch them. what if you come back to obrien crrek with filets and no carcassas with clipped tails.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X