Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Non-family members catching Personal use fish for you

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Non-family members catching Personal use fish for you

    How does this work? I never ran into this problem and never thought about it. I have two fish left on my limit (the last ones seem to always take the longest and the beer was calling my name) and my friend who never has wants to go. Can i fish with him and help him get his limit. And before i get any hell no's what about the people who drift boats all day. I know i wouldnt let any body drive my boat who dosnt know my boat on the chitina. Also you cant say everyone in the boat is on the same permit.
    Trying to play enough to make working for the money all worth it.

  • #2
    I'll give you a hell yes and he's lucky to have a friend in you. You two go fill his, and yours also maybe, unless you want to make another trip again later, and that's just neighbors helping neighbors. And yes its even legal, in PU, since he does have a limit that means he's a resident; you're good to go and two thumbs up.

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks family man. I cant get my last two cuz its my 39th and 40th fish and its not supplemental anymore. where does it say i can catch someone elses fish.
      Trying to play enough to make working for the money all worth it.

      Comment


      • #4
        Personally, I'm not willing to fold, spindle, or mutilate the letter of the regs to circumvent the intent of the regs. If my romantic associate or I are fishing under a permit for our household, only fish caught by one of us go on our permit for our household. And no fish caught by either of us are credited to any other person/permit, unless one of us is proxy fishing for someone else. Period.
        ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
        I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
        The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

        Comment


        • #5
          You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to iofthetaiga again.
          “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
          "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

          Comment


          • #6
            Am i the only one here wondering about all the boaters that are behind the wheel and without a net in the water. Is the only Legal answer that they dont keep fish. But we all know they do. If this was sprot fishing it would be clear. If you was not your hand that caught it then its not yours. But dipping isn't so clear with it. Is it a like they dont care how you get it as long as you dont go over your limit fishery.
            Trying to play enough to make working for the money all worth it.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Kmagers View Post
              Am i the only one here wondering about all the boaters that are behind the wheel and without a net in the water. Is the only Legal answer that they dont keep fish. But we all know they do. If this was sprot fishing it would be clear. If you was not your hand that caught it then its not yours. But dipping isn't so clear with it. Is it a like they dont care how you get it as long as you dont go over your limit fishery.
              You can keep suggesting this all you wish... Please don't include me in your "we". When I am fishing from a boat driven by someone else, I am fishing for myself/my household permit, NOT for the guy driving the boat.
              ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
              I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
              The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Kmagers View Post
                Thanks family man. I cant get my last two cuz its my 39th and 40th fish and its not supplemental anymore. where does it say i can catch someone elses fish.
                If you can ignore the little cheering section for Internet Policedom on here, read the part about who can't help you and that's non residents.

                Its utterly foolish for anyone to tell you that a fellow dipnetters in Alaska cannot help one another. Anyone that would even close to endorse a dum ass limitation like that isn't telling you the rules - they have another agenda.

                Comment


                • #9
                  i am not suggesting that everyone does this. Obviously some people go out with their family and fish on a boat. But with reasonable truth i can say most boats have a full crew of guys on a mens weekend fishing and i dont think there is that many gay couples in alaska.
                  Trying to play enough to make working for the money all worth it.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    True family man. As for what actually happens i already know. But we both know what is law is what i am looking for. yes is does say who can't help but would FG allow my inferences to protect me from a ticket?
                    Trying to play enough to make working for the money all worth it.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by iofthetaiga View Post
                      You can keep suggesting this all you wish... Please don't include me in your "we". When I am fishing from a boat driven by someone else, I am fishing for myself/my household permit, NOT for the guy driving the boat.
                      And you're paying him to help you, or however but he's helping you fill your permit. No offense, just a question, but are you inducing him to break the law by helping you? (I don't think so, because there's nothing wrong with us helping us.)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Kmagers View Post
                        True family man. As for what actually happens i already know. But we both know what is law is what i am looking for. yes is does say who can't help but would FG allow my inferences to protect me from a ticket?
                        In the instance where you feel you need a last resort (I've been there, and done this one) call f&G, get a name and write it down as the people the told you so. At least if you feel threatened you've got a staff name and say so.

                        Its not legal assurance by any stretch. And I'm not a lawyer by any stretch.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by FamilyMan View Post
                          And you're paying him to help you, or however but he's helping you fill your permit.
                          BS. If I go with another guy in his boat, I fish for me. Period. Then I'll drive the boat and he fishes for him. Period. If, as the OP suggested he was unwilling to allow me to drive his boat...well, then he doesn't fish from the boat. It's not rocket science. It's difficult to comprehend that some folks just can't seem to grasp the reality that it's possible to get the job done in a legal and scrupulous manner.:confused:
                          ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
                          I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
                          The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by iofthetaiga View Post
                            When I am fishing from a boat driven by someone else, I am fishing for myself/my household permit, NOT for the guy driving the boat.
                            When we fish from a boat on the Copper, all the fish go into a cooler after they are caught. Afterwards, we divvy them up by various means, but by no means does anybody remember who caught which fish. The only ones we try to remember are the kings.

                            So, iofthetaiga, if you are going to follow the letter of the law, do you then have a separate cooler for each person fishing on the boat? Does the driver never get any fish, then?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by gr8fl View Post
                              So, iofthetaiga, if you are going to follow the letter of the law, do you then have a separate cooler for each person fishing on the boat? Does the driver never get any fish, then?
                              <sigh> The driver of the boat only gets fish if he at some point stops driving the boat and fishes for himself.
                              ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
                              I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
                              The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

                              Comment

                              Footer Adsense

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X