Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gr8fl
    replied
    Folks with trailered boats launched off the gravel portion of the south bank. We just threw our 12' skiff in off the beach on the north bank.

I don't recommend trying to launch with a trailer on the north bank, due to the likelihood of getting stuck below the high tide line or having to run over people at the point in the process.

Leave a comment:

• FL2AK-Old Town
    replied
    Originally posted by 0321Tony View Post
    I have seen people running down the river years ago with a prop but it was late July the area right below the launch and for about the first 3/4 of a mile is very rocky and shallow and I don't know if I would do it. There is also a shallow spot just below the old coho cove campground that might get you. Depending on the size of your boat you might be able to launch it at the mouth of the river but if it's a heavier boat the sand might get you. And I definitely wouldn't try to navigate the river below the grassy banks to at least the processor at low tide with a prop.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
    Then how did the boats I saw get in there? (I ask because. I have never run it, but it seems that it must be possible if other boats are running around at the mouth.) Then again, there were very few boats dip netting in the mouth.

Leave a comment:

• 0321Tony
    replied
    I have seen people running down the river years ago with a prop but it was late July the area right below the launch and for about the first 3/4 of a mile is very rocky and shallow and I don't know if I would do it. There is also a shallow spot just below the old coho cove campground that might get you. Depending on the size of your boat you might be able to launch it at the mouth of the river but if it's a heavier boat the sand might get you. And I definitely wouldn't try to navigate the river below the grassy banks to at least the processor at low tide with a prop.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• FL2AK-Old Town
    replied
    Yeah, I think so. I haven't yet done it myself, but last year there were two guys ina. 12' v hull with a 6 hp Johnson dip netting in huge mouth at low tide, as well as a monstrosity of a Jon boat with a 90 hp something on it and about 8 people on board, also at low tide.

None of this BS retarded crap about 2 strokes, either.

I was all set to dipnet Kasilof by boat ths year, until the girlfriend kayboshed it. I'll wave at you for the shore. Yay.

Leave a comment:

• Grandads338
    started a topic Kasilof boat launch

Kasilof boat launch

Planning to use the public launch near the highway once dipnetting opens. Are the river miles to the mouth doable with a prop? Low tide and high, or high only? 2 stroke restricted? Thanks!

Footer Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X