• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://youtu.be/c_4YwyqTfRU

Mouth of the Kasilof at low tide...

Comment

Originally posted by jnjgaudette View Post
      Where exactly is Fishermans road located? Can you launch a boat from there?
      There's a Fisherman's Road in Soldotna, but I don't know of one in Kasilof.

If you're thinking about the Kasilof River Lodge, it's not suitable for trailered boats:

Comment

I don't think that's a launch....Just a pullout

Originally posted by gr8fl View Post
        There's a Fisherman's Road in Soldotna, but I don't know of one in Kasilof.

If you're thinking about the Kasilof River Lodge, it's not suitable for trailered boats:

I believe that the photo there shows the drift boat pullout, but I don't believe that's a launch by any stretch of the imagination. I base that on the one time, 3 years ago, when I went on a king fishing charter on the Kasilof. We launched from the guide's property about a mile below the sterling highway bridge and floated down. This looks like where we floated down to and pulled the boat out of the water. But this was a pullout location only, no launching going on.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDipper View Post
          I believe that the photo there shows the drift boat pullout, but I don't believe that's a launch by any stretch of the imagination. I base that on the one time, 3 years ago, when I went on a king fishing charter on the Kasilof. We launched from the guide's property about a mile below the sterling highway bridge and floated down. This looks like where we floated down to and pulled the boat out of the water. But this was a pullout location only, no launching going on.
          You are correct that is a pull out.
          There is no public launch below the bridge on the Kasilof river.
          I believe that is what gr8fl was trying to point out.
          Many people mistakenly assume that the pullouts on the lower river are actually able to launch a boat for dipnetting.
          "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Comment

Well ****!!! Looks like it is back to the beach again!!!

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
            Working...
            X