Kenai Dip Netting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kenai Dip Netting

This year I want to purchase a Kenai dip net instead of using my Chitnitna one. Anyone know the phone number or address of a place that sells them?

look a few posts down...

under the thread "the dipnet guy", the topic was beaten to death a little while ago.
    AKmud
    sigpic

The porcupine is a peaceful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Comment

Originally posted by GWHunter
      This year I want to purchase a Kenai dip net instead of using my Chitnitna one. Anyone know the phone number or address of a place that sells them?
      Sentry in North Pole, as well as Frontier Outfitters (above Sentry on 3rd Street) have them. They cost $79.99 for the hoop and net. The hoop is made of solid aluminum, and the net is made of twisted nylon strand. These are not gill nets, however, just dip-nets.

A net by itself (without the hoop) costs $28.00. I believe these nets are 3.5 feet in diameter at the opening. A 10' to 12' pole for the nets cost $24.00, but a standard aluminum net pole fits just fine.

Comment

Places to buy dipnets

Originally posted by GWHunter
        Here's my recommendation:

Ron Fuller
        Custom Dipnets
        688-1271

He lives in Eagle River and seems to really know his stuff. Color is everything.

-Mike
        Michael Strahan
        Site Owner
        Alaska Hunt Consultant
        1 (907) 229-4501

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
        Working...
        X