6-4-2011 Video of our dipnetting on the Copper River

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6-4-2011 Video of our dipnetting on the Copper River

(Edited by daughter)... On 6-4-11 went to the Copper River in our brand new 2011 Woolridge Alaskan XL - had one heck of a trip!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-1Z94yo3kc

Nice video, getting me excited about our trip down there on the 18th. Hopefully the numbers will still be there.
    "I'd rather be fishing!"

Comment

Cool video...makes me want to go even more. Wish I had a boat, though....lol.

Comment

Me too - wait - I do have a boat, but I am not going to take my propped zodiac on the copper my first trip.....I'll dip from shore....

Comment

good stuff....some of those fish were hogs...
          ------------------------------------------------
          pull my finger....

Comment

Fishing was sweet, nice that you captured the event on video!! Good Job!
            sigpic
            Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
            www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

Comment

That's the way to break in a new boat! Nice work on the video and on the fish.

Comment

One Happy Camper now featured on today's CRCDFEC page.

~tr

Comment

Originally posted by gr8fl View Post
                  One Happy Camper now featured on today's CRCDFEC page...
                  With link to your video. That works for me. Any other Copper videos I'd be happy to link in this same manner.

~tr

Comment

Great video. Be cautious tieing nets off on the side of the boat. I have seen many nets grab a rock and pull the the gunnel down. I have went to tieing them off to the bow and driving strait down stream like the Kenia dippers do. Much safer.

Comment

Originally posted by f0zzy2 View Post
                      Great video. Be cautious tieing nets off on the side of the boat. I have seen many nets grab a rock and pull the the gunnel down. I have went to tieing them off to the bow and driving strait down stream like the Kenia dippers do. Much safer.
                      I had it tied off due to a surgery on the wrist, but your right. We were using a type of cord/rope that will snap & brake off if a big rock snagged it (happened a couple of years ago).

Comment

I was wondering the same thing about snagging a rock with the net tied off. If you did recover it, it would probably be destroyed by the force of the boat.
                        "I'd rather be fishing!"

Comment

Very nice video!

Comment

Originally posted by Grayling Slayer View Post
                            I was wondering the same thing about snagging a rock with the net tied off. If you did recover it, it would probably be destroyed by the force of the boat.
                            No, didn't recover it - was a brand new net, too. When that one was lost, it had a 550LB parachute cord on it. When it snap, sounded like a gun shot. Using a 200lb or less cotton braid in the video.

Comment

Originally posted by gr8fl View Post
                              With link to your video. That works for me. Any other Copper videos I'd be happy to link in this same manner.

~tr
                              Will be going back down around the 17th & 18th - will try to video it again. Hubby laughed when he saw the website & his pic - it certainly was a fun time for all involved.....

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X