Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the pot puller is rated for 500lbs, is that ft/bs of pulling power or dead weight lifting. most wont lift rated weight. you might want to check it out.....another option if your set on the puller stlye is getting a capstian stlye mounted on a honda....just something to think about

Comment

Originally posted by excav8tr View Post
      the pot puller is rated for 500lbs, is that ft/bs of pulling power or dead weight lifting. most wont lift rated weight. you might want to check it out.....another option if your set on the puller stlye is getting a capstian stlye mounted on a honda....just something to think about
      According to the electra-dyne site, the pot pullers are rate for 300lbs. They do make a capston puller as well.
      North River, Alweld and Phantom Boats, Mercury Marine, FNM Marine Diesel
      Hamilton, Kodiak, Almarine Jet
      Prop, Impeller repair, Planar Heater Sales & Installation
      Visit www.akfrontierfab.com

Comment

Once upon a time I had a rig I made from a engine lift with a hand pump hydralic cylinder that I mounted on the side of my F250 and it would lift whatever I wanted. I bought the engine lift at a garage sale and only used the verticle lift parts. I welded in a plate to the bottom of the bed to allow the box steel to sit into a hole and bolted one to the side of the bed and then used a 2x4 to brace to the other side of the bed while I was lifting. It would lift a full 55 gal barrel into the bed with little effort other than pumping the cylinder and I probably had $50 in the whole thing.

It looked a lot like the Spitz Lift but was steel and used the hydralic cylinder instead of the winch. It might be a bit heavy for boat use, but you could make one out of AL very easy using that design. I have used the same engine lift design to lift my Polaris 750 twin into the pickup when the trans died.

Just a thought.
        Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.

Comment

Originally posted by stid2677 View Post
          Here is the mount for my Spitz lift. The lift itself is rated for 900 lbs. This bear was around 400 or so and it had no flex what so ever, carried it like that for about 3 miles.

I secured the mount the the floor, side and splash well.

Steve
          Steve, did you buy 1 crane and then a couple different mounts? This looks like a good set up for me. Leave one in the boat and then a receiver hitch for the truck. Did you buy it locally or have it shipped up?

Comment

Originally posted by oakman View Post

Steve, did you buy 1 crane and then a couple different mounts? This looks like a good set up for me. Leave one in the boat and then a receiver hitch for the truck. Did you buy it locally or have it shipped up?
            Yes Sir,, I believe I bought the lift at Boat Shop in Fairbanks.
            "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"

Comment

Then putting a ATV in my boat, I could not use a crane with out flipping it. Instead I built a ramps and pushed it on. I also had to tie the boat off to the shore to keep it from moving in deep water. All it takes is one screw-up to loose the ATV, boat or both if your not careful.

Comment

Footer Ad Module 300 x 300

Collapse

Footer Adsense

Collapse
              Working...
              X