Aluminum Boat Modifcation Advice Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aluminum Boat Modifcation Advice Needed

I want to have my ragtop replaced by someone with a fully enclosed hardtop; windows, door, etc. Probably upgrade steering from mechanical to hydraulic too. Kenai, ANC, Valley all ok, Kenai preferred. Looking for advice on who does quality work. Thanks

Mike's Welding in Sterling. Or Beaver Loop Welding in Kenai.
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Comment

Thanks Ross. I wonder is Mike still around or does Buck run the whole show now?

Comment

There's another guy down East Redoubt. Can't remember the name but it's down there quite a ways on the right going in. Looks to have a pretty big shop with a sign out front. There is a guy named Garth, 262-6797, down Funny River too. I was talking to him on the phone a couple times last summer about my yamaha. I don't know if he does any fabrication work but he might, or could possibly pass on some info as well.
        Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Comment

I've done a lot of work with Great Land Welding and Machine on the Palmer?Wasilla Rd. I probably would have trouble remembering all of them in one sitting.

Comment

I agree, Gary at Great Land Welding is top notch. He's done several jobs for me and he's a great guy and one heck of a fabricator!
            Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

Comment

I’ve also heard good things about the guy down east redoubt on Keystone. He has a yard full of boats I just went by the other day. I can’t remember the name I will probably drive by tomorrow and can grab the name.

Comment

Originally posted by catchfish View Post
                I’ve also heard good things about the guy down east redoubt on Keystone. He has a yard full of boats I just went by the other day. I can’t remember the name I will probably drive by tomorrow and can grab the name.
                Yes, that's the guy. I always forget East Redoubt turns into Keystone.
                Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Comment

I know you're in Kenai, but for Anchorage and MatSu boaters needing aluminum work done I can attest to Gary's honesty at Greatland, which in getting custom fab work done is critical. No low ball estimates that ballon throughout the project. Also, ACI Alaska (Goldstar Marine) https://www.goldstarmarine.com/locations/anchorage is supposedly doing aluminum side work - they're busy building new boats in the old GlacierCraft location on E 100th St in Anchorage (east of Target/Cabelas)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by dreamalaska; 6 days ago.

Comment

Originally posted by 4merguide View Post

Yes, that's the guy. I always forget East Redoubt turns into Keystone.
                    His name is Jeff Leadens and runs JL Fabrication (33371 Keystone Dr). He was working as a part time manager at Oreillys Auto in Soldotna for health insurance and runs his own boat repair shop doing factory warranty work for a couple of brands (which always takes precedence over anything he's working on). He does have a large shop and a couple of workers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I appreciate the input you guys, thanks!

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X