Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yanert
    replied
    Just for information sake. There are 2 types of diamond plate. 1 has little grooves across the raised parts for better traction the other is smooth on the raised parts. I have wood in the cabin and diamond plate on the rear deck. The diamond plate is welded to the substructure. There is an angled plate welded to the side of the diamond plate that is also welded to the side of the boat. This rear deck has scuppers, that makes it self bailing. No caulking needed. No mess in the bilge.

Leave a comment:

• yfarm1
    replied
    I had a plate boat built with a smooth 1/8” floor, never flexed had pedestals welded in no issues. Builder washed the floor with acid then used an epoxy mastic covering the floor and sprinkled powdered rubber over the mastic and rolled it flat. Was an incredible floor, could pressure wash dried fish blood and slime off, was quiet and very durable.

Leave a comment:

• Predator Control
    replied
    I wouldnt use rubber against aluminum in a wet environment. The rubber traps moisture against the aluminum and will turn it to swiss cheese over time.

Leave a comment:

• fishunt
    replied
    I have done 3 boats and I find that 3/16 is a good thinkness. 1/8 seemed to flex more than I wanted and 1/4 costed more than what the benefit was. If you removed your foam it will be louder but not a much.

Leave a comment:

• akdeweyj
    replied
    Originally posted by Alaska Gray View Post
    While doing the flooring I might as well replace the flooring. Has anyone switched out their wood floor for a diamond plate flooring? I am curious what gage you went with. I have a 26 Hewes and would do the cabin also with the diamond plate. Want to hear if was worth it or not.
    I used 3/16" diamond plate screwed down on top of camper tape. I got my plate from Alaska Steel, but you can find it at Greer Tank too. I used a bead of Sikaflex caulk around the edges & joints to try & keep out the gurry, rain & spray, etc that usually gets past the floor boards. I only did the exposed deck since the cabin floor was in pretty good shape.If you are worried about a tripping hazard into the cabin, you can use an anti-fatigue mat on ether side of the door. One of those 48" square mats with holes in them works pretty good & makes up most of the elevation change.

Leave a comment:

• Alaska Gray
    replied
    Originally posted by bigiron View Post
    just finished doing my boat with 1/8" I backed it with 1/4" rubber glued on with 3M industrial strength trim adhesive. cost 3 sheets 1/8th" diamond plate @ approximately 225.00 per sheet, 375.00 for 3' wide<br/>1/4" rubber, 70.00 for glue. not the cheapest, but the last time I will have to do it and with the rubber backing it is super quiet<br/><br/>
    <br/><br/>Thanks. Thing Iím thinking now is will it sit lower then the wood flooring? If so, that will make a tripping hazard walking into the cabin. Would need to figure how to raise it. <br/><br/><br/>Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• bigiron
    replied
    just finished doing my boat with 1/8" I backed it with 1/4" rubber glued on with 3M industrial strength trim adhesive. cost 3 sheets 1/8th" diamond plate @ approximately 225.00 per sheet, 375.00 for 3' wide
    1/4" rubber, 70.00 for glue. not the cheapest, but the last time I will have to do it and with the rubber backing it is super quiet

Leave a comment:

• Akgramps
    replied
    Can be noisy, thickness depends on how far apart the supports are, .125" typically OK.

Leave a comment:

• Alaska Gray
    started a topic Replacing wood flooring with diamond plate

Replacing wood flooring with diamond plate

While doing the flooring I might as well replace the flooring. Has anyone switched out their wood floor for a diamond plate flooring? I am curious what gage you went with. I have a 26 Hewes and would do the cabin also with the diamond plate. Want to hear if was worth it or not.

Footer Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X