Replacing wood flooring with diamond plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing wood flooring with diamond plate

While doing the flooring I might as well replace the flooring. Has anyone switched out their wood floor for a diamond plate flooring? I am curious what gage you went with. I have a 26 Hewes and would do the cabin also with the diamond plate. Want to hear if was worth it or not.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Can be noisy, thickness depends on how far apart the supports are, .125" typically OK.
    "FREEDOM" Only those that are denied truly know what it means.

Comment

just finished doing my boat with 1/8" I backed it with 1/4" rubber glued on with 3M industrial strength trim adhesive. cost 3 sheets 1/8th" diamond plate @ approximately 225.00 per sheet, 375.00 for 3' wide
      1/4" rubber, 70.00 for glue. not the cheapest, but the last time I will have to do it and with the rubber backing it is super quiet

Comment

Originally posted by bigiron View Post
        just finished doing my boat with 1/8" I backed it with 1/4" rubber glued on with 3M industrial strength trim adhesive. cost 3 sheets 1/8th" diamond plate @ approximately 225.00 per sheet, 375.00 for 3' wide<br/>1/4" rubber, 70.00 for glue. not the cheapest, but the last time I will have to do it and with the rubber backing it is super quiet<br/><br/>
        <br/><br/>Thanks. Thing Iím thinking now is will it sit lower then the wood flooring? If so, that will make a tripping hazard walking into the cabin. Would need to figure how to raise it. <br/><br/><br/>Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Living the Alaskan Dream
        Gary Keller
        Anchorage, AK

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Gray View Post
          While doing the flooring I might as well replace the flooring. Has anyone switched out their wood floor for a diamond plate flooring? I am curious what gage you went with. I have a 26 Hewes and would do the cabin also with the diamond plate. Want to hear if was worth it or not.
          I used 3/16" diamond plate screwed down on top of camper tape. I got my plate from Alaska Steel, but you can find it at Greer Tank too. I used a bead of Sikaflex caulk around the edges & joints to try & keep out the gurry, rain & spray, etc that usually gets past the floor boards. I only did the exposed deck since the cabin floor was in pretty good shape.If you are worried about a tripping hazard into the cabin, you can use an anti-fatigue mat on ether side of the door. One of those 48" square mats with holes in them works pretty good & makes up most of the elevation change.
          2007 24ft NorthRiver OS
          Twin 175 Suzuki's
          "Thunderbird"
          MMSI #338033856

Comment

I have done 3 boats and I find that 3/16 is a good thinkness. 1/8 seemed to flex more than I wanted and 1/4 costed more than what the benefit was. If you removed your foam it will be louder but not a much.

Comment

I wouldnt use rubber against aluminum in a wet environment. The rubber traps moisture against the aluminum and will turn it to swiss cheese over time.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
              Working...
              X