Hewes craft side vinyl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hewes craft side vinyl

I was wondering has anyone removed the old vinyl and replaced it? Iím looking to replace mine and this time go with the new style that goes down to the water line. So no aluminum is showing.
    Wana know was it hard to remove and replace. Lastly, was it expensive to replace. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

I removed the vinyl using a heat gun. If you heat it to much it really sticks, if you don't heat it enough it doesn't release. I left it off because I like the all aluminum look. My logo/name was large enough that I could tell I didn't want to try installing anything larger by myself.

I lightly heated an edge, then pulled up an edge and angled the heat under the vinyl and pulled as it released.

Comment

#1 yes it is are hard nasty job,, Hewscraft glued the Matieral to the boat then bolted all fittings through it. They used to use fake grass carpet. Not sure "down to the water line" question. Keep in mind if it is a saltwater boat you will have salt traped and start corrosion on the deck,, Best thing would be remove the matieral clean paint with some sort of paint with non skid paint

Comment

I don’t know when the carpet has installed, but don’t be surprise if you have to replace sections of the aluminum because of the corrosion. It does not matter if it rain water it just won’t be as bad.

Comment

Alaska Gray try to send you a email and it full.

Comment

Originally posted by MacGyver View Post
            Alaska Gray try to send you a email and it full.
            box is clear now
            Living the Alaskan Dream
            Gary Keller
            Anchorage, AK

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
            Working...
            X