North River Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North River Question

Does anyone that has a NR Offshore have a door on the side of their boat instead of a transom door for boat access? Just looking for pros & cons for locating on there as putting one in the transom would be a major relocation effort for the back of my boat. Thanks
    2007 24ft NorthRiver OS
    Twin 175 Suzuki's
    "Thunderbird"
    MMSI #338033856

Yes, I have a door on the side of my NR Offshore. The pros are being able to haul large Halibut through it. Another pro would be boarding from a dock. The problem is most docks are tall enough that just stepping on the gunnel is more convenient. The only cons are: which side of the boat to put the door on and that I really don't use it enough to justify the cost.

Comment

Dewey check out http://www.reynoldsmarine.biz/ they are in town and they build a lot of bowpickers with the "old guy" doors in their sides.
      sigpic
      Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
      Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
      Ropes, Buoys, Bait
      alaskashrimppots.com
      akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
      907 775 1692

Comment

Originally posted by BAH468 View Post
        Yes, I have a door on the side of my NR Offshore. The pros are being able to haul large Halibut through it. Another pro would be boarding from a dock. The problem is most docks are tall enough that just stepping on the gunnel is more convenient. The only cons are: which side of the boat to put the door on and that I really don't use it enough to justify the cost.
        Thanks for the response. I checked the height of the Seward docks against the height of my gunnel & its only about 9" difference. I was gonna go port side because there is way less doo-doo under the gunnel there.
        2007 24ft NorthRiver OS
        Twin 175 Suzuki's
        "Thunderbird"
        MMSI #338033856

Comment

Originally posted by potbuilder View Post
          Dewey check out http://www.reynoldsmarine.biz/ they are in town and they build a lot of bowpickers with the "old guy" doors in their sides.
          I'll check them out Steve. I tlaked to one guy that calls them "Granny doors".
          2007 24ft NorthRiver OS
          Twin 175 Suzuki's
          "Thunderbird"
          MMSI #338033856

Comment

the guy out in the butte area that builds boats also would know lots about the door, bk brian can help you get in touch with him.
            sigpic
            Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
            Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
            Ropes, Buoys, Bait
            alaskashrimppots.com
            akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
            907 775 1692

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
            Working...