And so it begins!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And so it begins!

Well, my buddy and I couldn't resist buying this 16' skiff and doing a little stretching to better fit our needs! This was originally built by Svendsen Marine in Wrangell quite a few years ago and David Svendsen is now stretching it 5' or so and putting a Yamaha 200hp jet on it. That's David's main man Frank, one of the most skilled boat builder/mechanics/all-around-great-guy I have ever had the pleasure meeting in the photo. Hopefully we will get some progress photos and I will post them if so. Planning on using this boat alongside our larger cruiser for accessing some streams for fishing. Hope you enjoy!Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7416.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	2514121

cool, cutting boats in half is a great way to start a thread, Keep it coming.
    "FREEDOM" Only those that are denied truly know what it means.

Comment

more progress photos

More progress photos
      Attached Files

Comment

2 more photos

2 more photos
        Attached Files

Comment

And one last photo

one last photo
          Attached Files

Comment

The boat looks great, some good planing and execution went into it. Looking forward to seeing it finished.

Comment

Always preferred "gutshooting" rather than stern extensions. Looking like a great job on the right technique, too!
              "Lay in the weeds and wait, and when you get your chance to say something, say something good."
              Merle Haggard

Comment

more photos

Few more photos. Stretching is finished and engine mounted. Next will be a bench seat that incorporates a fuel tank and storage.
                Attached Files

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                Working...
                X