Water Pump Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Pump Replacement

I wanted to check here to see if anyone local..Anchorage-Eagle River area might be interested in doing a water pump replacement for me. Outboard is a 1999 70 hp 4 stroke Evinrude. Would be happy to tow to your place or do it here. I'd like to assist to see how it is done. I am not looking for a freebie!! PM me if interested.

I should be able to help you out Gary. I have been switching out my 225 mercury optimax twice a season between jet and prop. I couldn't get to it until next week though. When are you available to work with me on it?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by Whelenator View Post
      I should be able to help you out Gary. I have been switching out my 225 mercury optimax twice a season between jet and prop. I couldn't get to it until next week though. When are you available to work with me on it?

I will make the time of your choosing work for me...totally flexible time wise. Glad I checked in and saw your post. I have a w. pump kit that came with the outboard but the part # doesn't match up with the parts manual. I was just going out the door headed for AK Mining to be sure I have the right stuff...I'd hate to waste your time by not having correct parts. Will report back as soon as I find out. Thanks for responding!!

Comment

Good deal. It may not matter about the pump numbers but its certainly worth making sure! Saves aggravation for sure. Shoot me a real email and we'll work out the details.
        Mmullins1968@Gmail.com

Comment

Good thing I checked!!

Comment

I want to thank Whelenator for helping me (which means me staying out of the way and watching closely) with my water pump. It was not as complex as a couple tutorials I've read suggested...but I probably would have messed it up anyway. For a visual learner like me, this was a big deal...rep points headed for Whelenator!

Comment

Originally posted by Garyak View Post
              I want to thank Whelenator for helping me (which means me staying out of the way and watching closely) with my water pump. It was not as complex as a couple tutorials I've read suggested...but I probably would have messed it up anyway. For a visual learner like me, this was a big deal...rep points headed for Whelenator!
              You're most welcome Gary. It was good for me to turn some wrenches again plus good experience with a different motor than mine.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
              Working...
              X