Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mt Al
    replied
    Keep the updates coming! Awesome boat. Gotta get one some day. The price to fun ratio has to be off the charts.

Leave a comment:

• AK2AZ
    replied
    Been a while since I updated modifications to the boat. Installed some Nauticus Smart Tabs (SX model) in an effort to keep the bow down when underway because as fish are added to the rear cooler, fuel is depleted from the forward fuel cell, and my fishing partner wants a smoother ride in back, the boat's handling gets poor. All the rear weight requires trimming the outboard in fully and the steering gets very heavy...the last thing I need for a long run in usually heavier seas and with sore arms from cranking fish all day. Another issue with the hull design of this particular RIB is that it has massive reverse chines and as I approach 40mph the boat will start to 'chine-walk'. For those that have experienced the chine-walk you will know how unnerving it is for the boat to start jumping back and forth with little or no control until you chop the throttle. I opted to run the Pro-Troller kit in reverse of the factory configuration. Instead of using the tabs as trolling brakes I can now flip the troll lever up to bring the tabs flush with the hull in the event of beaching...basically to protect them. Or I can run the tabs in the 25* down angle as their normal position. Anyway...a couple pictures.

Also, took the boat to Danny's Inflatable Repair to give it some TLC as it had some slow leaks. I am very happy with Daniel's work and to my knowledge there isn't anyone in town that can beat the price or service. He actually does the work for some other companies in town that most people pay double for at their counter. If you have an inflatable problem I highly recommend seeing Daniel first.

I will post back on the tabs when I get an opportunity to run them...if they even do half of what they advertise then I will be a very happy camper.

Leave a comment:

• AK2AZ
    replied
    I too want something bigger but the truth is I can afford to run this alot more and kinda dig the tent camping/fire on the shore thing. The rib was a step up from the Achilles (same size) but with the speed comes some spine shaking hits once in a while.

Headed out of PWS for bugs and butts. We will be out there on the 5th as well.

Leave a comment:

• Bullelkklr
    replied
    Looks like the weather is going to hold for you. Headed to the sound or out of Res?

I am taking my rubber duck out somewhere in PWS for a 3 day weekend on May 5th for my son's birthday. Hope to round up some water bugs and a furball. Having a stock non-rib zodiac I am sure jealous of your's....but my heart is set on something that I can sleep IN for next year.

Leave a comment:

• AK2AZ
    replied
    Wrapped-up all the odds and ends and finally get to play saturday...man what a long winter.

Leave a comment:

• AK2AZ
    replied
    Originally posted by greythorn3 View Post
    whats it like in the ocean?
    Depends on conditions but it is safe and doesn't rock and roll when sitting still. Close frequency waves beat you up a little but if you increase speed you can skip through the tops. running a 25" shaft on the merc so it keeps a good bite when airborne

Leave a comment:

• greythorn3
    replied
    whats it like in the ocean?

Leave a comment:

• AK2AZ
    replied
    pics or it didnt happen!
    Ok, since you asked sooooo nice.

Res. Bay

Another day in Res. Bay

Yet another Res bay day

Valley lake...2lb Bow caught by the 4 yr. old

Leave a comment:

• greythorn3
    replied
    Originally posted by AK2AZ View Post
    It saw 6 or 700 fish last year...just making it better.

pics or it didnt happen!

Leave a comment:

• AK2AZ
    replied
    stop with all that sensless jibber jabber and lets see it in the water catching some fish!
    It saw 6 or 700 fish last year...just making it better.

Leave a comment:

• greythorn3
    replied
    stop with all that sensless jibber jabber and lets see it in the water catching some fish!

Leave a comment:

• potbuilder
    replied
    It was good to see you Charlie and thanks for the jigging tips all that stuff is so new to me. I just can't believe how much gear you have on that boat, great though and layout, hope to see ya out on the sound this summer when that red rocket goes by me. I'll have plenty of braided sink rope at the show this weekend so stop by if you get a chance or i'll get you some more next time i get into town.

Leave a comment:

• AK2AZ
    replied
    Not alot accomplished lately but have made some progress.

Fuel tank back in
    Fuel shut-off plumbed
    Relocated antenna
    Re-wired navigation lights
    Wired console for pot puller (Anderson connector)
    Re-routed plotter and nav wiring through dash top
    Installed new front storage box (big action-packer)
    Installed tie-downs for kicker tank
    Installed kicker bracket and 8 horse Mariner
    Re-located bilge pump
    Installed pump lift switch

During some of my testing I found that my new in-the-box Brutus puller didn`t work! Figured I botched the wiring and screwed with everything before deciding to tear into the puller. Low and behold whatever jagoff wired it used electrical tape and wire nuts in the **** motor! After much soldering and a new cable I ended up with what I wanted short the 5 hours wasted tearing the **** thing apart. :mad: I suppose the upside is I can trust it is wired right and waterproof now.

Steve delivered more pots and some sweet braided/weighted rope the other day so more toys to play with...thanks again Steve.:topjob:

I`ll get some more pics as I progress in the event that others may get some ideas for their smallish ocean boats.

Leave a comment:

• AK2AZ
    replied
    Just happen to have a jet pump for it.

Leave a comment:

• Bullelkklr
    replied
    Grey knows the deep channels by heart!

Leave a comment:

Footer Adsense

Collapse
Working...