Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waves waves waves!

Tell us where we should go surf!

Lots of outdoor expedition folks on this forum- during your travels have you seen any coastline with waves that look like they should be surfed?!?

With so many pilots and boaters in the State I thought I'd ask for some intel. We have so much coastline and so much potential- the challenging part is access. But that can be overcome if we know where the waves are!

Super remote waves will never have a crowd problem or bad vibes- AK surfers like to share the stoke! Some road accessible and easy boat access hot spots do see some pressure but the remote areas never will.

Discussing surf spots in a public forum has a long and sordid history. But I think remote Alaskan breaks that require a supercub or a multi-day boat trip should be safe.

Cannon Beach, Yakatat. Its a must for every world traveling surfer!

Comment

Surfed it. Loved it!

I'm more interested in those undiscovered waves that are not established breaks. i.e. "I used to deliver fish to Chisik Island and when it's blowing east/northeast theres a creek mouth with lines like corduroy and they all peel right to left" !!!!!

Ok, I'd settle for less precise intel, but I'm dreaming here. And I know it. But I had to ask :-)

Comment

The south end of Kodiak, looks promising, never been there.

Comment

Barrow in a storm. Onshore break is steep, but 100 to 200 yards offshore look sweet.

Comment

Interesting. Is it blown out or is the storm far enough away that its somewhat clean?

Comment

Hitchenbrook Island, Southeast side

Comment

Hook Point?
                http://www.surfingalaska.com/festival/index.htm

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                Working...
                X