surfing out of seward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• surfing out of seward

The closest place to Anchorage for surfing is bear glacier out of Seward. Its about a 15-20 mile boat ride from the port to get to bear glacier which is open to south swells. If anybody with a sea worthy boat that wants to surf an awesome break please chime in. I know of a few other surfers that are more than willing to pitch in for gas money etc... you can reach me at hurleysurf2188@gmail.com if you want to organize a trip.

next spring i should have my boat in seward for the a week or two in early may and would be down to do some trips to bear glacier. i post more info as the time line becomes more solid.

Comment

Just FYI...I have seen a few guys surfing the NE corner of the bay,accessible by road. It's not epic or anything, but a short, clean left over here by Fourth of July creek when the winds and tides are right.

Comment

The boat Milo is set up for surfing charters out of homer. she is currently in seward (i think) after having done a surf safari from here to there.
        boat has a hot tub and a support zodiac. you could probably find out more at surfalaska.com
        Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
        http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

Comment

That would be awesome MUTT, just keep us posted. I have hear of that spot by fourth of July creek also, but like you said the conditions have to be perfect, so it breaks only once in a blue moon. The MV milo is a great boat but its getting pricey to take trips with them anymore.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
          Working...
          X