Kayaking Naked Island PWS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kayaking Naked Island PWS

I am planning a 6 day kayak trip to Naked Island June 2014. We will take a water taxi there.

Does anyone know of good camping spots on Naked, Peak, or Storey Islands? It looks kind of boggy on Google Earth.

I am also interested in good kayak landing beaches, and access to hiking.

Thanks,
    Matt

There's some camping in cabin bay, its the only place i have camped in a tent. If you go to the very back of the bay, there is a stream, to the left of it there is a little trail that goes up to some wall tent platforms, not sure who users it, but we used it in the fall for hunting. There's a few other places in that bay suitable for camping.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk
    Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

Comment

Plenty of places to camp and hike. McPherson bay is really nice. It's in the north end of the island. Plenty of nice campsites there too. Sounds like a fun trip
      27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
      Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
      Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
      MMSI# 338232859

Comment

I've been in all of the bay's/harbors around Naked...for the most part, any of them have sections of kayak-accessible beaches & likely have good campsites. Hiking is good from any of them for the most part but bushwacking until you reach the open areas. If I was heading to Naked Island, I'd probably go to McPherson Passage for better protection from (potential) weather plus it gives you easier access to Peak & Storey. Have a safe trip!

Comment

I have only been to Naked in November for a few days. McPherson bay seems like it would be great, plus its pretty protected.

Comment

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
            Working...
            X