Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upper Gulkana Alert!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Upper Gulkana Alert!!

    Good morning guys...

    I need help:

    I have a group on the upper Gulkana that wrapped a 15 foot Riken around the first rock in the upper canyon.

    My need is 2 fold"

    1st..The group has 3 remaining rafts including a huge Green 16 foot Cat but they are 2 days late and some reports have them still in the canyon. Why? I don't know but if your going through see what you can do to get this group moving down to Sourdogh please..I think they must be a bit rattled and need help but communication has been poor and only reports from other groups. Please help this group out!!

    2nd: The raft: Needless to say I have to get my raft pulled out but this weekend is packed and I will be willing to PAY any group that can Z-Line the raft off the rock, drag it down the canyon and beach it at the lower camp site below the falls. If you want to really make some money tie that raft to yours and pull it to Sourdough. I am willing to PAY!! Gear: if ya find any oars please let me know and if they are still in working shape I will also pay.

    Any news is a huge help for the group, please call me and let me know what you're seeing.

    Walt
    Gulkana Rafting
    907-259-4290

  • #2
    Up date: The family is out!! That is a relief but the pinned raft remains. If you want to earn some coin and are heading down in the next 7-10 days contact me and lets talk.

    Thanks
    Walt

    Comment


    • #3
      Update!!

      I want to thank all of you who have contacted me about the raft! The rafting family in Alaska is unbelievable! A group of 3 families were able to unstick the raft and its home resting and getting repairs..I am missing 8 oars below the falls/canyon so if ya find any and you want to return them I am paying $50 an oar if you choose to drop them off. I am also missing some dry bags and coolers so if ya find them I am paying cash!!

      Thanks Guys!

      Walt
      Gulkana Rafting!

      Comment


      • #4
        Hey, Walt.

        We're heading for the Gulkana Thursday (Paxson Lake to Sourdough). Between us we've done this stretch 5 times. Got any beta on blow downs from the high winds last night and this morning (Monday night and Tuesday)? We postponed our float by a couple days to avoid them, but are expecting to find wood in the river - hopefully not the canyon.

        We'll keep an eye out for your gear and get it back to you if we find any. If we can't recover it, we'll at least let you know where we saw it.

        Thanks.

        Comment


        • #5
          What's the water like right now? We will keep an eye out for stuff as well.

          Comment


          • #6
            Guys::

            The river is in great shape . I have had 5 more groups go through in the past 10 days all with no problems. That group went in a bit brave and loaded. The current water levels are higher than normal for mis July but the level makes for a better trip and a good flow in the canyon..Don't Fear the River!!!

            Walt

            Comment

            Footer Adsense

            Collapse
            Working...
            X