Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So many rivers, so little time

Howdy guys,
    I have a few more rivers on my bucket list that I’d like to float. Three are near Manley ( Zit, Cos and the Chit).
    Can anyone recommend an operator that could fly us (2 old guys) out of Manley to a nearby access lake that we have located opposite these rivers?
    We also will need to line up someone with a boat from Manley to pick us up from the bottom of the Cos. Any takers?
    Thanks guys,
    Dan

Why not just stage a car at the end of the road to Tanana and float to your car when you are doing the Cos? I think they built a parking lot there. I could be mistaken but I thought I saw a parking lot and boat launch on the googles.

Comment

Yea, check that. I guess the upriver paddle the last mile or two would be a pain.

Comment

Thanks Kantishna. We are on the same page. We can float to Tanana but then we would have to get back to Manley. Very possible if I can find someone out of Tanana going that way. Thanks again,
        Dan

Comment

I guess if you staged a car at the Yukon launch across from Tanana you could float there and then probably pay a local a few bucks to give you a ride across the river to the road to Manley. That would probably be a lot easier and cheaper than someone boating down from Manley to the Cos and bringing you back. Just thinking anyway.

Maybe you should price out getting dropped by a flight service out of Fairbanks. Then floating all the way to Tanana and flying commercial back to Fairbanks.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions Kantishna. I think I like the last one.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
            Working...
            X