Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shuttle Services

Hi Guys,

First time poster here doing some long range planning.

I am planning on about a month long trip around the September 2022 timeframe. I am wanting to concentrate my efforts more or less along the south-central roadways. I wondering what shuttle services are available (if any) along the Parks highway, Glenn highway, and the Richardson highway? Wondering if it's worth hauling a 9' cataraft along with me if there are a decent array of shuttle service available.

Thanks for any insights/resources you can provide!

Cheers,
    G

Check with the various campgrounds you plan to use. You'll probably be able to work something out.
    Another idea would be to advertise on Alaska List and Craig's List for the services you seek.

Comment

Originally posted by apache67 View Post
      Hi Guys,

First time poster here doing some long range planning.

I am planning on about a month long trip around the September 2022 timeframe. I am wanting to concentrate my efforts more or less along the south-central roadways. I wondering what shuttle services are available (if any) along the Parks highway, Glenn highway, and the Richardson highway? Wondering if it's worth hauling a 9' cataraft along with me if there are a decent array of shuttle service available.

Thanks for any insights/resources you can provide!

Cheers,
      G
      Thanks for the response! Didn't see anything on Craigslist. I am looking for an established service or known individual who does river shuttles.

Comment

Without assistance from a campground or B&B where you're staying at the various locations you mentioned (Glenn Hwy, Richardson Hwy), you're probably SOL. The Parks may be somewhat different due to (somewhat) denser populations, more fishing pressure (closer to Anchorage) and more stream access (Willow, Little Willow, Goose and Montana - and a couple of others) are all accessible within a 40 mile drive. Even if you're not using nearby campgrounds, they'd probably be your best bet for finding a shuttle.

Comment

As i see it its all good information. Unless you want to spend a lot of $$ and time waiting for a ride you would be better off bring a small car or motor cycles to commute back and forth.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
          Working...
          X