South Fork Kuskokwim late season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South Fork Kuskokwim late season

I'm interested in any information to be had on river conditions on the South Fork Kuskokwim in late season...End of September and first week of October. I've done this twice in late August. Looking to go out a second time for a bison tag this year before the season ends. Couldn't connect on a bison on the first trip, trying to figure out a second trip.

Thank you in advance.

Well....I went out to Rohn. Water level was more than adequate for rafting. Very nice area and river this late in the season. No silt in the river and it was much easier to read the river with the water level down about 2 feet from a month earlier in the season.

Comment

Oakman, any animals spotted? How far/long were you on the river?

Comment

Originally posted by oakman View Post
        Well....I went out to Rohn. Water level was more than adequate for rafting. Very nice area and river this late in the season. No silt in the river and it was much easier to read the river with the water level down about 2 feet from a month earlier in the season.
        That's it? No pictures? Any bison?

Comment

Originally posted by OHTroy View Post
          Oakman, any animals spotted? How far/long were you on the river?
          We hunted between Bear Creek (upriver from Rohn) down to Egypt Mountain. Saw a lot of sign between Rohn and the Post River, but we only saw bison fairly close to Rohn. Probably saw about 25-30 animals. Passed on a few opportunities and couldn't connect on two that my son (his tag) wanted to shoot. Couldn't get close enough on one and too much brush in the way on the other. Great hunt, happy I had a chance to do it a second time (I filled this tag in 2017).

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
          Working...
          X