Campground Rapid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Campground Rapid

The class III Campground Rapid in Eagle River’s Bridge to Bridge section looks to be the most raft friendly I’ve seen in in recent years. The logjam normally present on the center rock is also currently blocking the right channel. All of the water is flowing river left and covering the guard rocks.

I have not floated it this year but will report this week if I’m able.

I floated Eagle River from the roadside pullout near the Nature Center to just above the Glenn Hwy. Someone had placed a sign at the put-in warning of a logjam 300yds downstream. We were able to hike down and take a look confirming just enough room to slip a couple of 13’ boats by. Float time to the Briggs Bridge was right about 3 hours with a mostly downstream wind and a bit of rowing. Float time from Briggs to the campground takeout just above the highway was approximately 30 minutes. The Class III Campground Rapid is blocked on the right side by logs forcing most of the water river left. The cleanest line is far left against the bank but there is a small sweeper as of 6/24 making that difficult. Just a heads up. Both the Briggs Bridge and campground day use/takeout areas have gates that close at or slightly before 10pm.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
    Working...
    X